Asking a shy girl to become my girlfriend?

This girl is cute (Im a senior and she's a junior and both in high school). She sometimes looks at me when we're sitting next to each other though I only see her in one of my classes. Im able to make her laugh when I make stupid jokes and ask stupid things and when that happens, she keeps eye contact with me. I would like to tell her I like her but I don't want to scare her off by doing so. Any help would be awesome.
Would popping the question, "I like you" when handing her the roses for Valentine's day be okay or just hand them to her and say happy valentines?
Also, would it be awkward if I ocassionally touch her shoulder or hand (meaning that if I was joking around with others and I wanted to get her involved, i would just touch her and continue the conversation)?
I would love to hold her hands so bad but I don't know what to do? I want her to become my girlfriend and I want to hold her hands saying that she's my girlfriend, I now have something I've been always wanting since freshman year.

Whats a good topic to bring up to start talking to her before class begins? She never says anything and I had already introduced myself to her (what my name is). I want her to open up which will then help me get in deeper thus connecting slowly with each other. I have trouble trying to figure out what to say because I'm a little shy to (telling the truth; im not lying because I do need help).
When she gets on her phone, she laughs sometimes so is that a sign she has a boyfriend? I can't tell her facial expression because her head is down when she does so and she doesn't hide the phone from the teacher. She acts really really shy around me but talks fine to other when they talk to her. So i dont know what to do. I don't want to screw up a relationship she already has and make myself look like an ass but I want to know if she's taken or not so i know I can keep on trying.

What Girls Said 2

• Aww how great is this. You deserve an award! ! There is a bigish chance that she likes you back from what you have written. It's kinda a clechie to tell her on Valentine's Day why wait hang out with her more and see how she acts around you. And if you ask her out do it in private so you both won't be put on the spot

• Take it slow. Great relationships start off by being friends. I, personally, love the idea of giving her the roses and being like Happy Valentine's Day. It gives a mysterious appeal to her like "why the heck did he just give me roses, does he like me?" Try and do it in front of people too, make her feel special, flash a smile, then walk off. She'll defiantly pick up on the hint and talk about you to her friends.

• Okay, since you're a girl, I need to ask: Whats a good topic to bring up to start talking to her before class begins? She never says anything and I had already introduced myself to her (what my name is). I want her to open up which will then help me get in deeper thus connecting slowly with each other. I have trouble trying to figure out what to say because I'm a little shy to (telling the truth; im not lying because I do need help).

• When she gets on her phone, she laughs sometimes so is that a sign she has a boyfriend? I can't tell her facial expression because her head is down when she does so and she doesn't hide the phone from the teacher. So does the giggling means she's taken? She never blushes from what I can see but she acts really really shy around me but talks fine to other when they talk to her. So i dont know what to do. I don't want to screw up a relationship she already has and make myself look like an ass but I want to know if she's taken or not so i know I can keep trying to get her as a girlfriend or just stop knowing she already has a boyfriend.

• Try asking if she's excited for Valentine's day? That's a causal question. And if she answers "yeah" then most likely she is taken. If she goes like "no" then she isn't. That and you can start a conversation with her just based off that question. her being shy around you, she may think you are out of her league or she has a mega crush on you. So she is fine around others, but around her crush she gets all flustered up.

What Guys Said 1

• First things first, don't pursue her just because you find her cute and because you want to say that you now have a girlfriend. Relationships built upon superficial beginning do NOT last.

Alright so on Valentine's Day you give her those roses (I'm assuming you already decided upon doing that) but you don't ask her out right then and there. Engage in some conversation with her, ask her about herself (if you do not know her well), if she's having a good day, and so on. Make her laugh and not just with dumb jokes, tell her funny stories about things that have happened in your life. After a little while, just straight up ask her "Would you like to go out with me this weekend?" (Make sure she doesn't have plans first). Do NOT say "Do you wanna chill?", that's some bullshit that only little boys say. Be a man, and ask her out so that way she will know that it is a DATE.