Women, how would you feel if you were dating a guy who has had many lovers in his past?

He was honest about being promiscuous in his past, and having been with many women.

Would this worry you?

Most Helpful Girl

• Appreciate the honesty and ask how my skills measure up (I'm very type A competitive, I like being the best at what I do.)
    I do not care about the number prior, I only care about the number during the time period we decided to be monogamous (if that even happens, and obviously threesomes involving me excluded.) I'm realistic, at my age everyone has a past. I especially appreciate the honesty and openness. I am not going to hide my history of partners, an I am not going to judge you for yours. i expect the same in return.

• I am sure you would have elite skills. As for when we are together, I am fiercely loyal, and would only go with others if we had a time when we wanted to be polyamorous. As for threesomes, or swinging, I would have no issues at all

What Girls Said 10

• I would worry because id then wonder why they all broke up with you, what you did and then id think if you can't stay with any of those girls what are the chances of you staying with me? lol so id avoid a guy like this... it's best that you don't tell anyone how many girls you've dated or whatever i think, especially when it gets past the 8 mark lol id just say you've dated... but nothing ever worked out lol and if they insist on a number then... id just say it doesn't matter because it just didn't work out with them, and if they ask why on that... um... you need to tell them to relax... People these days tend to ask a million questions qnd then soon as they get an honest answer they flipp out... so some things are better left unsaid.

• a lot were just casual flings, when i was young and dumb

• That would then make a girl worry that you would be just a fling too lol certainly would make me worry as mostly all guys have ever wanted with me is a fling, since most of them were just flings i wouldn't worry about it... everybody dates and rarely makes it with others and everybody has jumped into bed with someone on the first date a lot of times haha, so it's not important... if they ask id just mention the ones you were in a more serious relationship with and say "Haven't been serious with many girls just a couple but they didn't work out", and if they ask why well... just say things don't work out a lot of the time, it is what it is, we just wern't compatible lol. The girls might still wonder... but humans just have fragile egos... you can't tell them the truth about these things.

• I'd tell him goodbye. That's something I cannot see beyond. It grosses me out. Sorry. It's not what I want in a partner. So I'd thank him for telling me but tell him that we want different things in a spouse so I'd wish him luck and be on my way.

• well i wouldn't date him. id find all that out before saying yes to be his gf.

• Depends on who the many women were. Prostitutes, strippers, p*rn stars or cheating I'd have a big problem because it would give me insight to his character. If it's just regular women and he's been certified as healthy and provides proof I could look past it but I'd have my guard up for awhile. I'd make sure I wasn't a one night stand so he'd have to be prepared to wait.

• No hookers, as for strippers or p*rn stars, well i do not know. But, I just started having sex very young, in fact too young ( 13 ), and have been very active since. I have never cheated on any one, and I am disease free

• I am in a relationship with a guy that had many lovers in his past i never judged him though i just decided to live in the moment he was honest with me and i know the girls or his ex lovers and he goes no where near them i made the right choice to trust him bc all he thinks about is me right now :)

• Knowing how I am, I'm not sure I'd be ok with it. In the back of my mind I'd always be wondering if I was enough.

• Unless a past partner had a direct impact on my relationship I don't discuss them or need to know the number. I expect him to have other partners.

• Its nice that he is honest. But i wouldn't date someone with a past like that.

• If I really, really loved you, for real, then I wouldn't care.

Unless you have STDs.

• I might worry that he's scared of commitment or a player. If it's something that truly is in his past though, and he's serious about the current relationship, It wouldn't make much of a difference.

• i have had a lot of sex in my past, particularly when i was in my teens and being 'free'

What Guys Said 3

• Some get worried and most don't really care as long as he doesn't bring it up.

• Yeah, that's the sort of thing that's better to lie about. Bend the truth, so to speak.

• DO NOT bring it up. That right there is the story of my life and when she asked I lied about my past sexual history. I could not deal with it if she left although I would have no one but myself to blame. I was wise in the sense that at the time when I did sleep with all these women I did not brag or tell anyone other than a really close friend of mine so there was no one to tell her all the shit but I would never bring it up or mention it