Guys, would this text make you feel good?

I read an article that "thinking about you" or "miss you" texts from a girl send a guy running. It said that guys relate these to a girl sitting there planning their future lives together and it's just too much for the guy to think about. Any truth to this? Would it be appropriate to send these to my long distance guy who is not yet my boyfriend?

Most Helpful Guy

• If your in a relationship its great but if your sending it to a guy your not dating whos far away that gives the "im planning our lives together" vibe lol

What Guys Said 30

• I tend to agree with MrTexan37. If u want to do this, context would also help.

For instance, if u ARE in a relationship, saying "u know, I was just thinking about the nice time we had [ur memory here], and I really am missing u. Let's do it again/get together soon." us good.

If u are NOT in a relationship, saying sthg lije this is fine: "hey... I'm [name] we met at [whatever]. I know we just met, but u really impressed me/kinda blew me away because [y u feel thus way] and so... yeah... I've been trying to get u outta my head... but here I am, texting u. Would u like to get together sometime?"

• If I were a guy far away, and I thought you were cute, I'd be happy to know this cute girl was thinking of me and was missing me. It certainly sends "I might be at least a little interested in you" (altho a particularly friendly girl could say it too). But unless you have a history of getting engaged to people you've known for 6 months, *I* wouldn't get that vibe.

• How long have you been dating? Are you at a point in your relationship where you want to think long term? Is he ready for that?

A few cute text messages should be fine, but if they're new and out of nowhere they might spook him. Instead, focus on actually building the relationship and just naturally flirt in person. If you overthink it, you'll turn your relationship into a series of gambits and calculations, the spark will disappear, and he might take your advances as unhealthy obsession.

In short: if you want to date him, then date him and let the relationship grow naturally.

• I think that article is extremely silly. If you are dating exclusively then messages like that are sweet and your boyfriend should be happy to get them. He should be sending some nice thoughts your way too. It's not like you are saying "When are we getting married?"

• For me, that would be something positive. I mean, what guy doesn't like to know that the girl he likes is thinking about him?

• I wouldn't mind seeing texts like that. I would even take a moment to respond to one or two in my spare moments.

• That's a great thing. It would make my day. If it scares a guy off I'm sure he has intimacy issues.

• I would LOVE this SOOOOOOO MUCH from my SO.
    If it was a girl I regarded as a friend, or stranger, then I'd be a little unsettled

• No, those aren't too intense. Now if you start sending him photoshop morphs of your faces and speculating what your kids would look like, that might scare him off.

• I am not dating but me and a girl have something i dont even know what it is and i would love to get a text like that... she is just crazy

• NO.. I would take it that you was just thinking of me. and missed talking to me... if we was good friends... but other guys are different too..

• I would personally love it!

• Always a feel good text, any honest guy who loves his woman will love those.

I've been with my girlfriend over a year and those type of texts still make my heart skip a beat.

• Wait for that...

• I don't know, it shows you care and your thinking about them. However, it should be done in moderation. If he doesn't return the sentiment then stop and look elsewhere. Don't think too much, keep it simple.

• As long as the feeling is mutual, then its a great thing! If he's only a friend, that may be a bit strange for him, he may think your trying to move too fast.

• I love I miss you texts!! It would not send my running away, but rather running to you!

• Only if we dating..

• Those fore-stated texts do make a man feel good because it shows that the woman cares. Most men would enjoy that text and feel more confident around you.
    -Best of wishes,
    RCBIV

• Do what feels natural. If you can't be yourself the relationship will only last as long as your charade.

• MrTexan37 i actually disagree, if its just like i miss hanging out or stuff like that it would just be like you want to hang out and stuff so its not that bad

• I love the I miss you text... But only if it's someone I'm interested in! If he's interested in you, or you think he is, go for it!

• I personally think that's crazy, that should just be a sign that you care. There's this girl who lives far that I really like but we're not dating but if she sent me a "miss you" one morning I would get a huge smile

• Yeeeeeees?

• Any text from any girl would make me happy. Buuut, i guess that's more of a presonal problem.

• If I like the girl it would make me feel good

• I think if you send such messages just time by time and too often it's ok

• nope, it would not make me feel good

• If that is how deep the conversation gets, do you really miss him or are you just lonely?

• its good
    answwemrine

What Girls Said 3

• I love those messages honestly think it depends how close you are. When my long distance boyfriend will role play then just randomly say I wish I could be there with you or little cute things like that it's just aasjsjxjsjxbsj<3333
    Although if you're questioning and then consulting us to send it I'd say hold off

• Its a great text

• It's a feel good text for me