How to ask out a guy I've barely talked to?

So there's this guy that just moved into my neighborhood. I live really close to him, and he rides my bus. I haven't talked to him much, but I want to ask him if he wants to go get lunch with me. Will he like if a girl asks him out? Especially since he doesn't even know me?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would love that kind of thing. Go for it!

• Thanks! This really boosted my confidence about it :)

What Guys Said 8

• Just go for it! If he doesn't like you - then too bad for him :) It won't make things as awkward as you think, because publicly denying you like someone is extremely awkward for us too. Just go for it - there is nothing you can lose and much to gain :)

• This answer is really good! I think I'm gonna go ask him, so now I know if I get rejected, I wasn't the only one embarrassed :) . Thank you so much for taking the time to answer!

• Just started by talking. Ask him about himself. Then once you've introduce do yourself and aren't strangers ask him to lunch.

• Most guys secretly like it when girls do that

• express your feelings, but first make sure of them

• Yes he would loved to be asked, I would. Im a guy and to be honest we are chickens

• us guys would accept something like that easily

• Funny thing is... Will ever a guy leave this chance... No not at all... Go for it...

• Tell Him You Would Like To Get To Know Him Better, Ask Him To Lunch!

What Girls Said 3

• Well that's to find out cause there is some men just willing to date with someone and there is other who will ask them selves

• never hurts to try. Maybe lunch will help you get to know him.

• Honestly, I would let the guy pursue you. You can introduce your name to him, make eye contact (very important) smile at him and say hi. Basically, give him the hint that you are interested. Then maybe one day ask if you can sit next to him, and start up a conversation (he might even do it for you). My personal opinion though is that the guy should pursue. If he's interested, he's going to find a way to be with you. But he has to know you first, to be comfortable.