Is it ok to date multiple people?

I've meet a few women who are dating several guys at the same time, hell even I also will date several girls at the same time of course I let them know. Is it wrong to date multiple people? Assuming you don't get intimate with any of them and are simply trying to "weed" out the ones you don't like and save the best for an actual relationship. People tell me all the time its wrong.

Most Helpful Girl

• That is why it is called "dating.". There is nothing wrong with it as long as all parties know, no one thinks it is " exclusive" and you aren't sleeping with them all. Eventually one will stand out, you will lose interest in dating others, and you will be in a relationship. That is how dating works.

• Thank you! hahaha as you can see quite a few people disagree.

• I know. Some people don't understand the concept. Why pick someone and right off the bat date them exclusively, only to find out three weeks in that you are not compatible? As long as you are honest, there is nothing wrong with it. However once you ARE "seeing someone" obviously you are no longer dating others.

What Girls Said 3

• I wouldn't like it. It would be me, me and me. That is my multiple dating understanding. lol
    If you don't get vibe, then let me know and finish it. Then move to another one.

• hello no you should know by now that that ain't the way to go.

• No it's not... But my brother and cousin do it all of the time. I really feel bad for the girls cause they don't know that they can be replaced. I wouldn't recommend it cause my bro got stabbed. So...

What Guys Said 4

• I think its fine as long as nobody is sleeping with anybody and actually looking for a relarionship. I was with a girl once and after nearly a year I find out ahe sleep with somebody the day before I asked her to be my gf. I broke up.

• Haha, don't worry about what other people say (although the smartest thing to do is not be telling them about your dating life...).

It isn't wrong, it's normal behavior. Yeah, some people will be judgmental if you tell them, but that's because they aren't attractive enough to pull it off. Men do it, women do it. Totally normal, totally fine.

• Both sides have a good point. Personably like, I wouldn't date more than one girl at a time.

• I feel like it is acceptable (if somewhat distastful) if none of them really stand out as an obvious choice. If there is a guy or girl who you obviously like the most, I feel like it's disrespectful to them and the other people that probably have no chance if you're dating multiple people. If you do date multiple people, getting intimate with any of them is somewhat rude if you intend to keep dating the others.