Do you prefer to be single or in a relationship?

Everyone is always telling me that I should get a boyfriend, but I prefer to be single. What about you?

Most Helpful Guy

• I prefer to be single at the moment

What Guys Said 11

• I wrote a poem about that conflict.
    It's a battle between rationality of the brain and the passion of the heart.

Alone at night , I look at the ceiling,
    Spew out my questions to some celestial being.

What is my purpose , what is my life?
    How can I clear out my internal strife?
    For what purpose my love so served?
    When for all these years it has been so well preserved.
    I had plans to sail the seven seas.
    But now "my" response is oh PU-LEASE

You have dreams of running a thousand miles.
    So you'll see her oh so silly smile.
    You punched walls and kicked down doors ,
    Which only left you hurting all the more.
    What is your purpose , what is your life?
    Why won't you just live your life?

I say to "I"
    "For you're not me , you're just a voice in my head.
    Which every time you speak , I will always see red.
    You don't feel pain , you don't even live!
    For all you do is siphon air between my teeth.
    So don't you act all high and smart.
    Speaking of this philosophical art.
    When the truth is you don't even have a heart."

• I don't mind it. I also wouldn't mind meeting a lovely person I could see myself dating. cdn.someecards.com/.../...nd-ecards-someecards.png

• I'd give to have a normal, happy healthy relationship at the moment. A shame the last one didn't pan out but maybe better luck next time.

• I just operate at a more comfortable level when I'm single. I always want a good woman around but, I feel that a significant other represents who you are and your values to an extent.
    And women who can do that for me are few and far between.

• Single, i cannot stand relationships. I guess I am too much of a loner, and I feel trapped in relationships

• I would prefer to be in a relationship with one very specific person. If I can't be in a relationship with her, then I prefer to be single and hoping that I can be in a relationship with her.

• I wanna be in a relationship and I have my eye on a certain girl

• i love being single. being a dirty old perv is so much easier

• Relationship... If only it were actually a choice...

• Honestly my life is usually more simple and I tend to have way more money when single but I sometimes miss having a lady.

• Ideally in a great relationship, but those are rare... Being single is leaps and bounds better then the various range of mediocre to life draining relationships that are offered up by the large majority of girls out there.

What Girls Said 12

• Relationship. Why? Because I'm with The One. Before we were together I would have told you I'd prefer to be single. Because I was happy being single. Finding a boyfriend wasn't important. I didn't need the companionship of a relationship. But I'm with the guy now who I want to be with for the rest of forever and the happiest I was being single doesn't come close to how happy he makes me.

I would never opt to be in a relationship for the sake of being in a relationship, but I would never opt to be single over being in THE relationship. Make sense?

• Relationship. I like knowing who I will be spending time with or waking up next to. Lots less heartache for me, too, because I don't do well with casual. I had my single years and am content to be with some one now.

• Single, definitely. I have no time for the relationship drama. Thinking about that diverts me from obtaining my degrees.

• Single. Right now at least. It takes a lot for me to trust and like someone. So when it happens, it sucks when they break that trust.
    I'd rather be alone than in bad company.

• Yeah, but the sex when you are alone is so... lonely!

• I guess it depends on HOW they are the wrong person. As long as they were honest and up front with me and were not going to take it outside of the bedroom, sex with a real person that you like is far superior to sex with your hand. I guess that is what is appealing about FWBs for so many young people now.

And my witty comeback mode kicked on and I had to suppress myself from saying, "And I would rather be fucking you the the wrong person." One of these days my wise mouth will do me in.

• *than the wrong

• I prefer to be in a relationship right now. I've been single long enough, by choice.

• Single. So relaxing. Occasionally lonely, but again... relaxing.

• I prefer to be single. So nobody has to deal with me.

• Single but I don't mind a relationship I'm single right now though..

• Not single ;A;

• SINGLE. m is better

• Single because I have met too many guys who are players and cheaters.

• Ypu have been dating the wrong guys then. Change where you are looking and what you look for in a guy.

• It's funny because I usually end it at the very beginning because I sense that they will hurt me sooner or later.

• I have dated guys who seem to have it all and girls would want to date them but I don't fall for that because in the end what counts is their character.

• If you prefer to be single that's fair enough and you shouldn't feel pressured to be with someone just for the sake of it.

For me it depends on who I'm in a relationship with; I stayed single for 5 years after breaking up with my last boyfriend, because I hadn't found the right guy yet. Currently I'm in love with this guy (who has said he has feelings for me too.. it's kinda complex) so I would much prefer to be in a relationship with him