Why do I keep having to deal with long distance relationship?

First boyfriend we met in New York he then move to California we last 1 year after that. Second boyfriend we met in New York I move to Washington we last 2 years after that. Third boyfriend we met online he's in Canada we last 6 months. Current boyfriend we met in Washington but will transfer to Iowa next fall quarter. Ugh! What do I do now why do I keep having to deal with LDR? How do I solve this problem? I'm the very affectionate kind I can't stand being away from my loved one...

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• Nearly four years ago, a man from Egypt found me on Facebook and we had started a whirlwind romance. After getting to know him on Skype, I then flew off to the magical land of Cairo where I stayed for 30 days. Things went so well that after I returned home, I hopped back on board and it was there, we ended up tying the knot at the Ministry of Justice. I remained there for awhile, learning how to be a Muslim's wife.
    I am back in the states now and with all the strife in our life in trying to keep our marriage going, we have had many ups and downs, break ups and make ups and with me not going over to be with him in a very long while, due to the very bad unrest in his country, which has gotten increasingly worse, it has caused us to finally be estranged and along with me cheating on him over this long stretch, it has left bad blood with him and his family.
    LDR is one of the hardest ones to have and to up hold of any. It takes two special people to tango and two to make the effort and time and find the patience to be Online, and if one is not making the effort, it can and will go dead in the water like a drowning duck.
    I have told him I am moving on now, as much as it is killing me inside. I have found someone closer to my own own home, another Muslim man, and we both have this amazing chemistry and share a nice magic that I had been missing for a long time.
    Perhaps LDR isn't for you. Three strikes and you seem to be Out here, dear, and even with the 'Fourth' who is turning into this Fifth wheel deal, it appears you are feeling perhaps this will go sour as well.
    However, to be fair, if you and the 'Current boyfriend' have a nice thing going, perhaps if you both talk this over, you could make the LDR work by you Both putting concerted effort into it.
    Nothing says LDR has to go south and compared to where my husband is, which is not a stones' throw, Iowa seems like right around the corner.
    Good luck and blessings for the new year. xx

• Aww thank you so much. I was with a Muslim's man before by the way...

It might seem just around the corner, but we won't have much time to visit each other since we're both in university, and it would be a 5 hours flight... We're talking about 7 years of LDR here until we can both get our degree and finally reunited... I'm thinking it will be a harsh time and to think about 7 years is to think about how big the universe is... But he's my boyfriend for almost a year already and I don't think it would be a good idea to break up with him because I don't like LDR... I love him so much it hurts...

• Sounds like he may be the one who is well worth waiting for.. Where there is love, sweetie, love will find a way as they say... you are so welcome.:)) xxoo

• You're saying that each guy never gave you any indication that they wouldn't be in the same place as you long-term?

• First guy I already know he will move. Second guy I was the one that moves. Third guy we met online it was long distance to begin with. Fourth guy he already told me he gonna move soon. I just don't understand why most of my friends never have to deal with LDR their boyfriends are always there but on my part whatever the heck relationship I'm in it always ended up being long distance.

• You chose to be in those relationships. If you don't like them then don't date people who don't live in the same place as you. You have to think about the choices you make.