boyfriend wants to give me half of his attention? what?

So my boyfriend claims he tries super hard in our "non-committed relationship." He doesn't want to commit, wants to have his cake and eat it too, is sometimes very emotionally abusive and very manipulative. He told me over text that he feels like he always has to be extra nice to me and try to make me feel special but that it's ok for him to sometimes be nice and give me half of his attention."

Would you say that to your girlfriend or someone you're in a relationship with that you claim to care about? :(

Most Helpful Guy

• Dump him and find someone better

What Guys Said 3

• Lemme guess. y'all are having sex?

And not committed?

Hell, I would barely pay ya attention also... since I'd be getting laid regardless lol

• Yeah fuck that dude. Real men aren't like that. I'd advise you to go hook up with someone he's friends with so he knows about it and show him how it feels

• Maybe he feels like he's carrying the weight

• but he's not...

• Even if he isn't, he could still feel that way. It could be a lot of things

What Girls Said 2

• No haha, he sounds like a prick.

• Get rid of him and find somene worthy of you. He shouldn't have to try to make you feel special and give you attention he just should if he was any sort of man. Rise above him find someone who wants to be with you and give you everything. You deserve better