What has been your experience with dating interracially?

I met someone who I have so much fun with, so much in common with and who is very kind to me. But I notice cultural differences (nothing that's a deal breaker, just not what I'm used to) and little things about them at times turns me off like an accent or mannerism.

I have not dated much (was only ever in 1 very long term relationship), nevermind dated interracially.

Most Helpful Girl

• I am dating interracially at the moment. I'm Black/Hispanic (I take more after my black side, though) and my boyfriend is White. I've actually mostly dated interracially. Right now, we are going great. He's told me that his friends have cracked jokes at him about being with a black girl. LoL, one of his friends asked if I liked watermelon. Funny thing is, I don't, haha, but the rest of my family does. Yesterday, he and I went to the mall and we got A LOT of stares. I mean, it could have been because people were staring at our height difference. I'm like 5'1" and he's 6'2", but I doubt that's the real reason. The black girls stared at us a lot. See, in my community, it is predominantly white and even if there are interracial relationships, it is usually the black guys with the white girls because black guys in my community don't like us black girls, haha. Oh well, their loss. Anyway, yeah black girls stared (either out of envy or surprise). At one point we were sitting in a somewhat secluded area of the mall and this old white guy was staring at us from this chair that was like 15-25 feet away from us. Young people stared at us too. Also, when we were eating in the food court, there was this one black worker (a female) who was cleaning the tables and she kept staring at us. Across from our table was 2 white teenage girls and I noticed that they kept glancing our way a couple of times too. I didn't make us uncomfortable, but it was kind of funny. I wasn't the only one to notice that people were staring. He noticed too, haha. Honestly him being White never phased me when I started to like him. I don't see color when dating someone and neither did he. His friends noticed that I was black, but he could care less that I was. :)

What Guys Said 1

• I've only dated Asian women, and I'm white. White women don't like me for whatever reason so I go with what likes me.

What Girls Said 2

• It's been good. I'm just struggling with the language barrier when I speak with his parents.

• My bf is black from Ethiopia I'm Hispanic and we get along just fine the gun party it's that we learn from each other's cultures and try different foods and clothes I like it