Guys, what would you do if an ugly girl asked you out?

Imagine a situation when a girl you don't find physically attractive gets brave enough and asks you out. Would you reject her nicely? Or would you laugh? Or go on a date out of pity? How would you feel if you found out that she cried a lot after you rejected her?
I think I might be in this situation soon. I'm gonna man/woman up and ask the guy I really like out so I don't have what if's tattooed on my mind. I know there's an 80% chance he's not interested cause he's waaaay more attractive than me but I still wanna take that chance.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well... Here's where everyone finds out how much of a scum bag I am... I would tell her I'm to out of her league. I'm a pretty good looking guy and I think any time an ugly girl has been throwing me signals I demonstrated I didn't like her so it never got to that point but I would be mean about it not because I want to hurt her feelings but because I want the next ugly girl who's thinking about asking me out to rethink it and it would make all girls think whether or not they're good looking enough for me this would make it so only hotter girls would mess around with me.

What Guys Said 19

• I'm so glad I've never had to face this. Mind you I'd probably be in her shoes, though asking out a girl :P
    Anywho, I'd feel so awkward. Because, I don't wanna say yes and then she gains even more feelings for me, even though it isn't mutual. There wouldn't be any chemistry it's like having Plus and Plus of a magnet. I'm not gonna attract..

I would never, ever laugh. That's fucking horrible. I don't like making people that way, ever.
    Then, if I turned her down and she cried I'd feel so, so bad. Her friends would probably come over to me and start having a go. I'd just be put on a spot I didn't want to be on in the first place.

Stuff like this makes me glad I'm not a 'stunner' or whatever you call 'hot' people.

• If I didn't want to date her but thought we could really be friends then I'd clarify if it's a date she wants. Then I'd tell her we can go out and do something but that I don't want to date her. She can decide if that's acceptable.

I wouldn't make fun. I'd feel bad if she cried, no doubt.

• I don't do pity dates, but usually unless I absolutely don't see things going anywhere, I'm willing to go on a with date just about anyone and see what happens. If it's definitely a no, it's a no. I'm not mean about it, but I'm not lying about it either. If they cry afterwards that's their problem, not mine.

• I'd probably reject her nicely and respect her bravery and offer a friendship if she was cool with that. I'd never laugh, that's awful. I'd also never waste either of our time with a pity date, but I'd be open to hanging out in a non romantic way.

• I'd say yes. And actually take her out, at least once to feel her out. See what she's all about.
    In the past when I was younger, I would say yes, and then try to avoid her or disappear. I was very stupid.
    But if she doesn't brush her teeth, take showers, or care even a bit about her hygiene then I'll be blunt and say no.

• if i was totally not interested in her, i wouldn´t make her feel like it´s becaus she is not attractive to me. i´d try to make it as easy on her as possible, since i really appreciate girls doing that!

• I would just politely decline. And I think most guys might be like that.
    Some might ask to hangout with you a bit first. Some might be weird about it.
    But you'll never know if you don't ask him :o

• I am not really in a position to refuse even an ugly woman who asked me out considering how ugly I am, but what about you? Are you sure he is that much better looking than you, women tend to underestimate themselves.

• That happened to me one time, she just wasn't the girl for me and I tried rejecting her as gently as I could, but I later found on on Facebook that she was really broken up about it. I felt really bad for a few weeks after that but what was there to do it was unavoidable and I wasn't interested in her.

• I'd probably stare at her in stunned silence.

• Reject nicely.

• There is more than just physical attraction. Do I like her mentally? Are we friends?

• Well given my personality I'd have guessed that I'd be pretty nice about it, but it actually happened to me once when I wasn't expecting it and I like froze and rejected her kinda harshly without intending to. :/

• I would date her

• I tell her I been neutered. I don't have the want to have sex or date anyway.

• I would at least go on one date to see if there could be some common interests.

• Reject her nicely but offer friends with benefits

• Only happend to me twice just turned them down nicely be polite what do you get out of making someone feel like crap

• It depends on our history and her execution...

What Girls Said 1

• First don't call yourself ugly!! Half of being attractive is being confident that you are. Trust me on this. Second, I'm the kind of girl that has never gotten the play hard to get thing, if I like a guy, then I like him and if I don't then I probably never will. and i'm too impatient to wait forever for a guy I like to ask me out so i have some experience with this. Nice guys that don't feel the same way will be nice and politely decline. Immature guys will get awkward and Guys that like you will say yes. Oh guys that are not sure might try one date (I haven't met those). But mostly it works for me. Probably because I have no issues with being rejected. I don't think I'm ugly so my self esteem doesn't suffer when a guy isn't into me. ;)