Using coupons on a date?

So, I'm an avid coupons, and never go shopping without using coupons, and other apps for getting rebates on the things that I buy.

Well, I might be having a date coming up soon, and I was thinking about going to Olive Garden, I do have coupons for Olive Garden, I would like to know if using coupons on a date would be wrong, weird, or make me feel cheap?

What do you think? Would you ever use coupons on a date, or have you ever used coupons on a date?

• Yes, I would/have used coupons on a date
  • No, I wouldn't use coupons on a date
  • I might use coupons on a date

Most Helpful Girl

• As long as you're paying and not restricting her choices I think you're fine. It's super expensive to eat out these days and a dollar doesn't go as far as we would like it to. Plus it shows you're careful with your money. How is that not an appealing trait?

What Girls Said 10

• Never on a first date. Shows you're cheap.

You can use them in a relationship though.

• Cheap or know how to save money? You'd think women would see it as a positive opposed to a negative.

• Coupons in a relationship show you know how to save money. Coupons on a first date shows you're cheap. Shows she's not worth the extra $8.00 to the guy.

• I went on a first "date" with this guy to see a movie and we split things. He paid for our tickets (because he got a student discount) and I paid for the popcorn and drinks. Essentially I paid for the popcorn for him because he put cheese powder on it and I'm not a fan but it wasn't a big deal.

It was funny actually cause he expected me to buy just one drink and I bought two separate ones. Oops.

I think if the girl is a laid back type of girl she won't mind at all if you use a coupon, but if she is more uptight then maybe don't.

• oh god. please don't. it's olive garden. don't they give you like 39482034 things for $10 already? lol. don't use coupons on a first date... i think they're fine to use after a few dates.

• On the first date, I wouldn't use coupons. It might send out a bad vibe to the girl. Maybe a couple dates in, but I wouldn't on the first date.

• I would use them. Shows you are money conscious and just plain smart. Why spend cash if you don't have to?

• I don't see anything wrong with it personally. We all need to save

• NO NO NO!!! Not on a first date!!

• Probably not on a first date. But later on in the relationship, sure.

• Not on the first date as u want to create a good impression. When u are in a relationship then yes

• Dont use them... you might not see her ever again

What Guys Said 6

• A girl who doesn't like coupons isn't a girl I can dig.

Why pay more money if you don't have to? Literally makes no sense, the concept of spending more money/"not being cheap" is based on fruitless social norms.

Of course you could always solve this problem by not going to a chain place. Local restaurants don't usually have/take coupons, so you could save those ones for a future date.

• Just work out the difference and then spend the money after you saved buying her a gift like a teddy bear or something that will remind her of you..

She will start off wondering if you are cheap until you unveil your secret plan. Then she will be glad you used them.

This works well because doing that without discount would be too much, but since you thought ahead and made it personal, she will love it.

• If you can't have this conversation with the girl you're dating, you probably aren't going to go very far with her anyways. I can see how some girls would be put off by this, while most girls would understand and even appreciate your wise spending habits. Just do it, and if the girl has an issue with that, you know she's not for you.

• I think it shows you're resourceful but I'm not a woman so yeah

• Nope, the sad reality is being admitted by all the girls. Even if she does it herself, it'll still negatively impact her subconscious opinion.

• Your paying for it either way I would use coupons its like using a gift card on a date would it matter if you did? Your paying for her meal and that's enough to say that you like her. Thats being smart about your money.