How bad should a breakup hurt?

I feel like im the only one hurting over my breakup. I was rebounded, cheated on, lied to, and then left in the end for an ex boyfriend.

My and my ex gf dated almost a year on and off, she appoached me, always begged for me back after a breakup, but always had issues with having contact with her ex..

I knew i was the rebound, but i hate it. I feel left, and used. I feel like nothing and i dont know. My life is ruined. Today was her birthday, and it killed me all day. I miss her so much..

Most Helpful Girl

• I think these feelings are normal. There's two ways to get over her: one, get counseling. I don't mean that as an insult, because I have before and it's seriously helped me to have someone who's qualified and not judgmental to discuss issues with. Two, which is riskier, is to try to find someone new. She sounds super needy and like she's a drama queen and you deserve (and CAN DO) better. Good luck! Would you look at mine please? Thanks! www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1312996-was-it-more-about-me-or-the-parents

What Girls Said 2

• Have you told her how you feel? Sometimes in order to move pass the hurt, we need to let the other person know what they did. After all, if you don't tell them, how would they know? I did this with an ex. Through an email. He came around to my door with flowers and apologised. He said that he was an ass and that he was sorry. He didn't realise that he hurt me that much. While he knew I was with someone, and there was no chance of getting back together, it was still good to hear.

• No, she knows what she did. She didn't care.. She said she was sorry, but her ex boyfriend would still call her phone while i was WITH her at her house. Its not hard to block someone. But anyways, she knew what she did, she just didn't care. Because if she did care, she would be with her ex boyfriend right now. Because they are dating again.. Even after she swore to me they would never work out.

• He DID cheat on her. But she went back to him anyways. When she told me her ex cheated on her, i thought for sure i was good to go. Because, i thought, well, since she was cheated on, she'll definitely not cheat on me! But guess what happens? But yeah i totally agree with you. I'm sure he's gonna screw her over again, and im also sure she'll come begging for me back again. But i just need to have the balls to tell her to fuck off. I hope i do when the time comes, if ever.

• Some people do change. Particularly after a major life changing event. So who know!. Maybe you could get your girl after all.

• Dont miss her get some balls and say fuck you the next time she runs back to you your beter than that dont let anyone treat you like yesturdays clothes and todays shit

What Guys Said 2

• your life isn't over. You're just having a tough time with a woman you care about, and possibly a bit of a healing process to go through and when it's done you'll be fine. Believe it or not it's possible you even forget about this chick before you even know it. take your time little homie

• The levels of hurt depends on how much feels you have for her.