Older Guys: Why date younger girls?

Is it unusual for a guy to date a girl much younger than him? My friend is 27 soon and I'm 19. We have a really good connection but he's 7 years older than me which sets me off. I know he's been looking for someone to be close with because we were friends before and he'd tell me about it. But could he only be interested for sex because I'm much younger or do you think he could care? I'm not sure what to think but I am certainly not one to be naive or get used.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm dating someone younger than me. For me I left the states to join the army, and I was not the most attractive guy in high school. Now girls from my hs years are like wow you grew up nice ahah. I'm in college much younger girls... I tired not to, but I can't help it if I fall for her. He most likely have experience sex before. For me I tell my gf hey lets have sex, and she have denied me more than once. Its ok for me because I'm not in it for the sex. If he begs for sex, and dont respect your decision then don't. Don't give it to him. PM me if you like.

What Guys Said 2

• I personally would date younger women (I had an awkward moment where this really young girl gave some looks and I had it a few months ago where these two 18 year olds were at a bar and we were chatting up). I am young at heart and not committed yet but if I found the right one, I would give it everything.

• He could honestly care. but you will have to find out. We would only be guessing.

What Girls Said 3

• I turned 21 a little over a month ago my bf is turning 28 in June. I think it's more of that's when your maturity matches. Let's face it the average guy is way less mature then the average female their age. He might actually be interested in you as a person. Just take it easy and see what signs he shows one way or another.

• In general, girls are more mature than boys. So, its good that you date with a guy that is older than you. I think he can understand you if you talk with him about sex.

• I'm 23 about to turn 24 and my bf is 31 basically same range as you and your friend.
    I prefer older guys basically cuz I am into mature men but not to the limit of like 50 but.
    They are also really comprehensive as they have already been through certain issues u may have now.