Is it ok not to look for something serious yet?

I'm 22, not really into casual dating. I want something serious but I've also never been in a relationship. But you know I have fun going out with friends. I don't hook up but I meet guys that way and it's well... fun. I do sports, I have great friends from that and I'm overall happy

I'm in the UK and I really really want to move overseas after graduation. So I was thinking to postpone serious dating until then.
But then I'm not sure about that? I'll graduate next year, so still quite some time left until then. I'll be 23 when I graduate, I don't know if I can even go overseas (it's awfully hard) and I'm wondering if I'd be missing out that year not trying to date? I'm not getting any younger, you know?

What Guys Said 1

• Your still very young, I wouldn't worry about dating, Jesus you have so much time for dating, even when your 26 it will still be enough to start dating, I think that's the perfect age for girls, to start looking for a guy. Before that I think they should just concentrate on their future and career.

I think for the time being, just focus on your overseas graduation, thisis really important, you have only one opportunity at this graduation, there is plenty of time for men.

If you want to start dating, I would until your more settled, because you don't know where to might be going after you graduate.

• Its always to best to sort your own life out first and get settled, before bringing someone else into it. Otherwise it really confuse you and throw you off.

• Ok that's fine, bless your heart and go for it. The world is your oyster.

• By the way, you sounded cute saying that, you don' t feel young anymore, no your definitely becoming old granny. lol

What Girls Said 1

• Its perfectly fine. Go on dates more often until you're satisfied and ready in a serious relationship. I've been in serious relationships and I just realized now why I didn't date more casually.

• well thing is I don't go on a lot of dates either. I don't really see the point if it's not going anywhere