How do I tell a guy I don't think it will work out between us?

I've been going on some dates with this guy. He's fun, and I enjoy being with him but there is just no spark for me. He really likes me and wants to be in a serious relationship with me but I see us as just being friends. How do I tell him without hurting his feelings?

Most Helpful Girl

• Basically say exactly what you just said here, and soon, before he gets in too deep. He might not want to maintain a friendship with you, or he might - but better that than end up being stuck in a relationship you don't want. It won't be good for either of you and much worse in the long run in terms of hurting his feelings.

What Guys Said 3

• He is going to be a little hurt either way. So the best thing is to just be straight foward. Sugar coating doesn't help as much as you think it would either. All those " your a great guy" blah blah just make him feel worse.

• "It's not me, It's you"

"Take the hint, fucker, it's over"

or the ever popular:

"You areee the weakest link (in this relationship)... GOODBYE!"

• you should try to tell him what you just said here , and try to do it fast before he gets more attached

What Girls Said 0