We went on a date and now he's being standoffish.. why?

We went on a date and everything went great. Even he said so. He actually planned another date on the ride home from the first one. I texted him saying "I don't want to bother you but I'm a little confused now? If you don't want to talk to me, I'd rather you just tell me that then lead me on." His response was, "If you were bothering me, I would tell you. I'm busy with work. I go to work 7 days a week and I'm working 12 hours on nights. I am not trying to ignore you." But yet, he does ignore me. Why plan another date with me on the ride home if you have no interest in me? Wouldn't you want to just drop me off and roll out? I don't know what could have happened all of a sudden?

That wasn't the first thing I said. Lol I guess I should have clarified. He texted me the morning after our date and then he said again, "I had a good time last night. I will probably be busy today because I have my daughter all day and then I'm going to work." I totally understand that. But, ever since then, he didn't show up to our second date and all I told him was "I waited for you for about 20 minutes and then I left. I hope everything is ok?" Then he told me some guy hurt himself at work.
because he's a supervisor he had to stay until the paramedics came. His phone was dead so he couldn't text or call me to let me know he wouldn't be able to make it. So, I gave him the benefit of the doubt. I texted him since (not blowing his phone up) just a casual text here and there. And that's when he started ignoring me. Then he told me about how he's busy, blah blah blah. But, there was no indication of anything gone wrong on either parts. So, I don't know what to think.

What Guys Said 1

• Well, here's the thing. If I took a girl out on a date and the first thing that she texted me afterward was what you wrote up there I would be thinking you were crazy. It was just one date. Just because he's interested in you and wants to go on another date doesn't mean it's a marriage proposal. He might have other girls that he's also taking out on dates and hasn't decided which one he likes best yet. I mean... without more information it's hard to determine what's really going on.

• That wasn't the first thing I said. Lol I guess I should have clarified. He texted me the morning after our date and then he said again, "I had a good time last night. I will probably be busy today because I have my daughter all day and then I'm going to work." I totally understand that. But, ever since then, he didn't show up to our second date and all I told him was "I waited for you for about 20 minutes and then I left. I hope everything is ok?" Then he told me some guy hurt himself on the job and because he's a supervisor he had to stay until the paramedics came. His phone was dead so he couldn't text or call me to let me know he wouldn't be able to make it. So, I gave him the benefit of the doubt. I texted him since (not blowing his phone up) just a casual text here and there. And that's when he started ignoring me. Then he told me about how he's busy, blah blah blah. But, there was no indication of anything gone wrong on either parts. So, I don't know what to think.

• Okay, well, it is possible that what he's telling you is the truth. But it is much more likely that he likes you a little, enough to string you along, while waiting to see if something better comes along. My advice is, forget about him and date some other guys. If he's actually that busy (which is unlikely) and he likes you, he'll find some time to take you out. But as I said, it is much more likely that he's not that busy and he just isn't that into you, and either doesn't want to break it off completely because he is waiting for something better and isn't sure it will happen or he just doesn't have the courage to break it off with you.

• Crap. That's what I was afraid of. I just don't get why would you want to make another date within the next two days if you weren't REALLY interested. Maybe I'm stupid to the dating world, but I don't get it.

What Girls Said 0