How do I tell him I just like hanging out/hooking up and don't want anything serious at the moment?

We went on a few dates over the break but I'm back at school. We are really far from eachother. We have a lot of fun with eachother but we can't see eachother enough because of the distance and also I'm leaving this summer so something more serious doesn't make sense. I do like him and we have a lot of fun! He told me he has a lot of fun with me too. I just want to keep hanging out once in awhile and hooking up because we do have a lot in common and there's a lot of attraction. How do I say this to him/ I don't want to hurt him? Maybe in the future could I say something like that

Most Helpful Guy

• The best thing to do is put everything out on the table. Among the apples isn't all that correct, guys don't always voice what they feel, you understand that your not in a position to be in something serious so just say it. It's better to be real about something than to let the imagination run wild about what is going on.

• I disagree. If she does that, she'll just become a booty call.

• I definitely don't want to be a booty call, But I think he feels the same way because of the long distance factor

• You said all you want is to hang out and hook up. Wheather you want to just keep it casual or want something more I'd still say keep it real with him and tell him you feel whichever the case may be. Among the Apples original post says don't say anything, that he'll say something. I don't agree but at the end of the day, do what you feel is right for you

What Guys Said 4

• You don't. If he doesn't like the way things are (whether he wants more or less), he'll let you know. But saying you want less will just seal in your status as a booty call.

• @Domingo I said this because she implied that she was too busy for more. If she wants to try for more, then she can always ask for more. There's nothing wrong with a woman taking the initiative, but she doesn't want to do that either because she's afraid of risking rejection, especially since there's some distance between them. And I too am usually all for honestly and being upfront, but there are exceptions to everything. She cannot ask for less. If she does, then she's forever consigned to the friend zone or relegated to booty call status, neither of which she will ever shake and both of which she wants to avoid. Again, to summarize, she cannot say I just want to hook up or she'll kill any possibility of having a real relationship with him in the future, which she wants to avoid. This shouldn't be a difficult concept.

• Just say it. Tell him exactly what you told us here. It's the truth, isn't it? I don't think it'll be rude and I think he'll understand.

• You tel him exactly what you just said. If he wants more you break it off. If he's ok with that than have fun!

• Just don't say anything. He won't bring it up. We all win.

What Girls Said 0