I feel really bad about this but I don't want to tell her?

Ok so first of all I have depression and it basically comes in waves. And I was talking to my girlfriend about it and she said that she would like to know when I'm feeling "tired" (I don't like using the word depression)

So I said that I would tell her when I am "tired" and I have... Until recently.

So when ever I tell her she gets this sad expression on her face and I hate seeing her like that so I've just been masking my "tired" like I did before and I've not been telling her.

I feel bad about it because I don't like not telling her but I also don't like seeing her sad what do I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• Tell her. Tell her that you don't like seeing her sad. Tell her that sometimes you feel like not telling her because you feel you only sadden her.
    Ik how hard depression can be, but your girlfriend will really appreciate you being honest and straight-foward with her. You don't how to go into details whatsoever. Just let her know that you feel 'tired' but let her know that you don't want her to feel sad. Tell her that it really helps seeing her happy. You don't have to tell her right away... take your time. Doesn't she make you feel better? 😜😝

What Girls Said 2

• Tell her you don't like the way she reacts when you tell her how you feel. Tell her what you need as support. I got through my "tired" episode by talking with my boyfriend. Good luck. I hope you feel better soon.

• Talk to her about it. Talking always helps. See maybe if you can take meds or get some help with your "tiredness". She's maybe sad because she doesn't know how to help and is sad because you are too.

What Guys Said 2

• Get treatment if you're not already. And, you're a bit young so you may not be able to do this naturally yet, but practice makes perfect: remember that just because you have to be depressed, doesn't mean she to also. Make a noble effort to make her smile. Even if she doesn't, she may feel loved at least. As you get older, this ability will come more naturally. I know, because I've been that way for about 25 years. Every day is another performance, and the show must always go on.

• You're 15... Teenage depression...

Unmedicated.
    Probably no counselor.
    Avoidant.
    Shy.

... Hm. Tell her.