When is it appropriate to have sex when dating?

I've gone on 3 dates with a very sweet gentleman. We have plans for a 4 th date and I'm not sure if he's expecting sex. I am 46 and divorced , I just got back into dating and I have no idea what the rules are !!
I really like this guy and if we have sexy I don't know if it will complicate things for me. Any advice?

Most Helpful Girl

• There is no appropriate time. If both of you want it, go for it. There are no rules.

What Guys Said 3

• As long as you both want it, I don't see a problem with doing it.

• At 46. Have sex if you want it.

• Whenever the fuck you want.

What Girls Said 3

• Don't count by dates because you can have 3 dates in a week. Aha just kidding. Count by weeks or month and until you guys are an exclusive couple. Like Patty Stanger says " No sex before monogamy." Because women and men have different perspectives and you might feel that you guys are in love while he thinks you guys are just boning. I hope I helped answer your question. Good luck.(;

• I always think no matter the age for me personally it should be when you are in a committed relationship. But really it is whenever you feel you are ready.

• As a general rule, for me, second date for a kiss, 3-4 for hand on boob and then at a minimum for oral stuff is 4-5 dates and actual sex 8-10.

However, that's just me ;-)