First valentines day alone in 2 years, what should I do?

ok so im one of these guys who is big on Valentine's day, in my last relationship i would be getting ready for Valentine's almost a month before. now she's gone and it sucks that it might pass by just like any other day, any advice for me? im not one for going out to the bar, and i dont have a girl in mind that ied like to get to know better :/ what is out there for single guys living in a small town to do on valentines? :/

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't see the big deal about Valentine's day, it's turned into an obligation holiday full of materialistic presents, and lust. I refuse to celebrate it even if I was in a relationship.

I'm treating it like a 2nd Halloween and having a horror movie marathon.

• @LovelySerene i get what your saying but its not about extravagant gifts for me, the most i actually buy is gas for my car and a dozen roses maybe jewelry if my other plans go south :/ im more about spending the day with someone special.

• Either way, it just seems obligated because it's a holiday. Choosing a random day and surprising her would be way better.

What Girls Said 4

• Dude, I've been alone for Valentine's 19 years of my life. I had one crappy one with my ex bf…I'm 20. If you can ask a girl out on a date then do it, if you can't, try to do something with your guy friends that night! It'll really help. GL!

• Well I know its not the same but maybe you can make some other females day? Like your mom or a sister if you have one.

• Play video games. That's most likely what my boyfriend and I will be doing. Smash brothers brawl all the way!

• Take yourself out or surprise someone you know who is also going through your same situation on Valentine's day

What Guys Said 1

• Dude I've past 23 out of 24 Valentine's days alone. Do whatever makes you happy. For me its watching sports and then going out with my friends. But if that is not your thing, play some video games, read a book, go work out, go to the movies alone ( you have no idea how liberating it is, Not to mention CHEAP!), try something new. Life is what you make of it, Stop being a secondary character in your movie.