Is it ok for men to cry?

My guy and most guys will not cry in public. Most don't. However, we females see a "chick flick" and you know what happens next. How many of you think that it is ok for a guy to cry in public.

Most Helpful Guy

• Despite the fact that it should be okay, men will be judged much harder for it than a woman will. Eventually men learn that despite being told it is okay to cry, it clearly is looked down in within society. Women don't like men that cry. If women did, then you would see guys crying all the time. Men will become pretty much whatever is going to make them more desirable to women. While women claim they want a guy that will cry, they don't actually mean it.

What Guys Said 18

• This is Putin taking the "lonely walk" after his martial arts sensei died.
    2.bp.blogspot.com/.../...ladimir-putin-funeral.jpg

It is okay for men to cry in public , you just have to be Putin and clear out an entire block with KGB agents first.

• I tell you what, I got pretty teary-eyed when watching Snape's last memory in HP.

I think, at some point, guys, and in some cases girls, replaced descriptive language with prescriptive language. That is, they would see "men are generally stronger than women." and conclude "A man MUST be stronger than women." Then they see "Men are less prone to cooperate emotional outbursts like crying" and say "Men must not cry in public."

Most of the time, for a guy to see another guy crying, we don't have a clue what to do. It becomes sort of awkward. I had a close friend who broke into tears when his boyfriend broke up with him and then received news that his neural degeneration had accelerated. I had no idea what to do because I couldn't help what had happened. All I could do was be there for him, and that really helped.

Guys don't realize this, because we're always supposed to play a functional role. "A p***** would sit there and hug the girl. A real man would kill the f***er who caused it. Solve the god*****ed problem."

Mind you, guys don't really "heal" as much as girls do by sitting and talking about feelings. But we do underestimate the importance of it.

• ''8 and 9 year old girls were ruthlessly gang raped by Russian soldiers multiple times. These men didn't show any feelings except hate and sexual desire. Every single barbarian was taking pleasure out of the terrible screams of innocent women, while Erich and his men were standing still with guns pointed at them.
    With blood on their uniforms, the Russians who satisfied their desire were taking the guns of the guards so they can take they're turn. Mothers who tried to protect their girls were beaten until they passed out and were raped while being unconscious The Germans pilots who have been through the horrors of combat and suffered wounds now broke down and started crying without feeling shame. Erich struggled to restrain his puke.''

Some sentences of the book ''The Blond Knight of Germany'' I'm reading right now. This is just a small part of the chapter describing war crimes against women and children. And it brought tears to my eyes as well to the soldiers that were forced to watch. Sometimes it is alright for a man to cry.

• I don't cry aloud in public, or even at home. But being an emotional who also has battled terrible stuff (and continues to do so), I do often sob softly to myself. If people want to judge me for that, I don't give a hoot. They can go f**k themselves. I don't owe anything to them, and they have never lived the exact same life I have.

• If course it's okay, anyone believing
    otherwise, is stuck in a delusion.

Have I cried in public? Back when I was a child
    if I got lost.. the best way to get back, was to get
    the empathy of adults. ^.~

I remember when some of my friends died
    in accidents and suicide, I cried a lot.

But I didn't even shed a tear, at my father's
    funeral, even though I loved him.

I do believe that guys may
    have a harder time crying.

• I'd feel kinda pathetic and weak if I cried in public unless it was at a funeral or something like that but even then I'd prefer to come across as composed/stoic. it's jut the way I'd prefer to be seen. That's just me though, If other guys cry in public I'm not going to give them shit for it.

• Its ok honestly. However, the only time i cried in public was when my favorite sports team won a championship after 12 years waiting lol ; also alcohol enables it a lot.

• The only reason I could see myself crying is from a death. I go through emotions like any normal person but I don't need to cry for everything. Most certainly not in public.

• Of course it is.. :L
    All of those saying 'it's weak' and shit. You're idiots.
    We're human, we're entitled to emotions.
    Labeling someone weak because they cry is fucking stupid.
    That in itself is weak, because you're judging.

• As a man, it is completely unacceptable to cry in public.
    I'm the privacy of your own home you can cry as much as you damn well please but don't subject other men to your bitch tears.
    We have facades to maintain.

• I have cried in public 3 times that I can remember. I prefer to cry alone, when I do.

• It's embarrassing as hell to craii in pubs unless there's a very strong emotions that dwell within us.

• Unless its a funeral, if not than make it private. Go for a walk or something.

• No. Status quo.

• Not okay at all.

• It's not okay for a guy. It's socially unacceptable and it shows weakness to other males.

• Depend on the situation and the reasons

• Only time I've cried in public is because my best friend of ten years, and to an extent a fatherly figure, passed away while I was on an airplane and found out of his passing away as soon as I landed.

What Girls Said 12

• YES IT IS PERFECTLY OK*
    did u hear that guys?
    PERFECTLY OK!*

*except in ridiculous situations. like, come on bruh.

• Society says that it is not and most men will not or do not like to cry in front of other men. Personally, I want and encourage my man to cry in front of me if he needs to. He apologizes when he does, but he has nothing to be sorry about and I tell him that every time. He has a lot of health problems and has been through hell physically and emotionally. To keep all of that emotion in would just cause more stress and more health problems. I find it endearing that he makes himself vulnerable and feels so comfortable around me to release his emotions and lets me be a shoulder to cry on and an ear to listen when and if he needs me to be. At the same time, he is there for me when I need him. It should be a two way street.

• I wouldn't want my man crying in public unless it's at a funeral or, something. I would like to see a man cry to me if he is confused About life or something. I feel this would help with anger issues some men have.

• It's fine for a guy to cry. They are emotional beings just like women are.

• I think it's perfectly fine. They just can't cry in front of me otherwise I'll start crying, too.

• I don't think it's acceptable for anyone to cry in public unless it's an extenuating circumstance. Crying at home is good though.

• Is it ok? Sure it is.

Will most men do it? Proooobably not lol.

Most men won't even cry behind closed doors let alone out in public. I personally don't find anything wrong with it, but I will admit that I'm not the first person to cry out in the open either.

• I don't know about in public, but its healthy to cry instead of holding in your emotions. My husband only cried once the whole 4 years we've been together at our papa's funeral. Even then he excused himself to the bathroom so people wouldn't see and tried to cry as manly as possible. Smh.. just don't understand men sometimes lol.

• Of course it is completely okay for males to cry. Jeez, it's like they're not human or something.

• The guys are humans too. They got feelings so if they cry 😿 nothing wrong with that..

Its okayh

• Of course it's okay to cry.

• Of course it's okay! Men are people too; smash the patriarchy and it's stupid gender roles, men are allowed to show emotions!