How do I tell him why I can't date him?

I don't know how to tell this guy the reason that i cannot date him is that I can't have sex with him. It's my personal choice that i want to wait until marriage. Any tips on how to broach this to him?

Most Helpful Girl

• Do you know that not having sex is a deal breaker for him? Maybe he will completely respect your decision.

If you have already had a discussion with him and know that he does not respect your choice, then just be honest and straightforward with him. Don't apologize for your beliefs... if you're not compatible in that way that's just the way it is and that's no ones fault. There's someone else out there that is right for you.

• Thanks for your input. Actually he's a pretty nice guy and is quite respectful which is why this topic is not easy for me to discuss. I'm not sure how he'll respond and it won't matter, whatever he decides, i'll respect. it's just that bringing up this topic will be too awkward for me.

• You're right. Thanks loads for the advice!

• You're so welcome! Best of luck :) and no matter the outcome, remember that there's a guy out there that's right for you :)

What Guys Said 3

• Tell him the truth, no need to be ashamed.

• "I do not date those I do not intend to marry for religious reasons."

• Why does not having sex mean you can't date?

If you can't date anyone, b/c you can't sleep with them, how the hell are you going to get married? lol

• i'll date someone who has similar beliefs.

• Thanks for the advice! :)

What Girls Said 4

• Well if sex is a big issue for him then you can just tell him that you want to wait for marriage and that you are looking for someone who is like minded in that. If he isn't it wouldn't be fair to either of you.

• Just tell him the truth, maybe he can accept that and willing to try to see if it will work :) if not, you can move on.

• "Hey blank, so it's nothing personal but I'm waiting till marriage, keeping chaste, I have a lot going on and I can't be tempted. Perhaps friendship instead? "

• just tell him the truth! tell him that you're not ready to have sex and if he's a nice guy he would probably understand.