Would you have a relationship with someone ill?

I've been diagnosed with Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and there is no cure for COPD.

Im on oxygen, which can help me to breathe better, I cough a lot (like a heavy "smoker"), sometimes I have trouble catching my breath or talking, my lips turns blue from a lack of oxygen, my hands and feet are icy cold from a low blood circulaiton, my ankle and feet swells pretty bad, and I need to take a break or stop several times in the middle of sex or workout because of crazy heartbeat and shortness of breathe.

All of those make me think about having a relationship with someone, so I'd like to ask your advice, if you have crush, and if she or he is ill, would you want to know? and would you still consider having a relationship with her or him?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would definently want to know and I have been in a relationship with someone who is seriously ill before and it's hard, but it was worth it at the time.
    It could be a deal breaker, but it just depends on how much I like them.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• If I like him, then of course.

• Well I have arthritis and I'm young, I've had it since I was a young child. Not one single guy who's liked me has been put off by it. They know there'll be days I can't do much and just wanna stay home and rest like an old lady, and they just come chill with me at home. If a guy likes you COPD won't change that, he'll still like you and will adjust to you.