Should I forgive a girl who had sex with another guy when she was drunk?

Should I forgive a girl I've been dating for 2 years? She had sex with another guy when she was really drunk. She told me the next morning tho.
What do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• We all have our own personal experiences, tolerances, and so forth. But with my personal experiences, I wouldn't. I've been cheated on before and like most people would agree with, alcohol is no excuse. Alcohol doesn't make you forget what you did or become a totally different person... it just lowers your inhibitions and messes with your judgment calls.

So straight up, you were with her for 2 years and she decided to get into a questionable situation and ended up cheating on you. Not something I would I will put up with anymore.

What Girls Said 8

• Being drunk isn't an excuse for cheating. If she doesn't know how to control hersrlf, it will likely happen again so therefore, I would say no. You should probably just end the relationship. Cheating is never justified and it's not okay.

• It's kind of funny, you say that being drunk isn't an excuse for cheating because in your mind it was still intentional, yet if a guy has sex with a drunk girl you would no doubt say "That's rape, she was drunk so she couldn't consent!" So is it only the girl's fault if she already has a boyfriend?

• @Xelebrum You don't know me or what I think. No, I don't think drunk sex is rape. Try not to make false assumptions next time about someone you don't even know.

• No. Would you forgive a drunk driver for causing an accident?

• I wouldn't.

• She slept with another guy, she cheated, just forgive her, you can't hold that grudge forever, she's drunk so... But that doesn't mean that you should get back together with her.

• It's more of an issue of can you trust her after she did that?

• I wouldn't. If she can't control herself when being drunk, she just should not get drunk. For me it is always like an excuse

• hell no kick her to the kerb

• No, you shouldn't. Do you really still trust her after that?

What Guys Said 14

• Being drunk is no excuse, and is a complete non factor. Her telling you, was for her peace of mind, and not yours. Right now you would be a lot happier living in ignorance, but instead of worrying about your feelings, she went ahead and only thought about making herself feel better. In her mind this issue is over. You however have to live with the pain of being betrayed.

She shouldn't have betrayed you. She shouldn't have told you and exposed you to this pain in order to make herself feel better. She sounds incredibly selfish, and doesn't seem to care about you and your pain at all. Forgiveness is earned, not given. Has she earned your forgiveness? By what little you have told us about her, she doesn't seem worth forgiving.

• If you're stupid enough to raise the bottle to your mouth and drink irresponsibly, then you should be smart enough to take responsibility for your actions. The bottle didn't just get up and cram itself down her throat.

Blaming an inanimate alcohol bottle for your stupid actions is like saying you should blame a gun for pulling the trigger by itself.

• Absolutely not. If she can't control herself it's her fault. Why should you be tied down to someone who isn't faithful.

• at least she told you but do what you think is right.

• That would be silly. You know it takes balls and self respect to walk away from a situation like this whilr still in love.

• How would you know if she was going to drink again and do something stupid like that?

Unless she lays off the booze for you then end this while you still can.

• If this was the first time that she did this, I would forgive her but I would tell her that she was not allowed to get drunk like that again, especially when I'm not there. If this wasn't the first time, then I would leave her.

• Hell no. It's her responsibility to control herself. Being drunk is not an excuse

• I probably wouldn't.

• Yeah, go ahead.

• No no no. is a garbage not a woman

• She was drunk and had sex and was fine with it. But isn't that considered rape today anyway? Damn, this shit is confusing. Just dump her, since it sounds like she was up for it.

• In vino veritas.

Alcohol only makes you do things you already wanted to do.

• She's fired! Have security escort her out!!!