Fight or flight? Dating a man who I'm intimidated by?

I have been dating a guy for almost five months. He is a very attractive and intelligent man, he is very confident but never arrogant. Sometimes I feel like I'm out of his league, we really like each other and we've been dating for a while but sometimes I get this urge to compare our career's or 'size him up' and I don't know why I feel like this, it makes me want break up with him but I won't let my emotions get in the way because I think I'm just a little intimidated and I've never felt this way before with a man I'm dating, usually the man is always more successful but I didn't like their attitude; but with him, everything is perfect and it scares me, it's like I'm waiting on him to mess up or be a jerk to me or somebody else. I want to grow with him, he's a good guy, he says what he means and means what he says and I love that about him. So how do I get over this intimidation? I don't want my silly and childish emotions to mess things up. Any advice on how to accept his world without comparing it to mine?

What Guys Said 1

• Digestion occurs in multiple stages in the human body. It all begins with mastication of the initial food item, this is aided by the release of amylase by the exocrine duct of the salvitory glands. Food is then processed into what is known as a bolus which passes down the pharynx and then led down the esophagus. The stomach is where the majority of proteins are digested by the active enzyme pepsin. The rest of the stuff is digested in the small intestine.

What Girls Said 1

• I don't think intimidated is the right word to use. It's your pride that's getting in the way because you think you're better then him in some way because you have a better job. Try to look at him as a person. Appreciate that he's probably one of the best relationships you've had, based on what you've said. He's probably the one intimidated by you. The key in everything you said is "I want to grow with him". Stop there and do that.