I do not know what to do about my relationship with this girl I have been dating for 4 months now, any advice?

As the title says, I have been dating a girl (Julia) for about 4 months now. I am 21 and she is 19. She lives about 2 hours away from me and we see each other about once every 2 weeks.
Two months into dating, I asked her to be my girlfriend. We have talked and text with each other every day and we get along very well. She got very nervous and wasn't able to give me an answer right then and there.
I have talked about this a few times in the last couple of months and this is what she told me: I find it difficult to give this a name. I like you and I know virtually nothing will change, but I just have trouble with it.
I was totally fine with giving her some space and just continue dating her like we did before. However, not it has been 4 months in total and she still seems to have difficulty with it.
When we text, I like to tell her how much I like her when I am having fun talking with her. It is just something I do. The things is, she never does that on her own. Most of the time, when I say something like "I really like you, you know that!", she just sends a smiley and changes the subject. This makes me feel extremely uncertain. When I get more into this and basically just ask if she likes me (despite the fact that she never says it), she says that she does like me very much and that she thinks that should be obvious.
Granted, she does give me compliments and we chat for hours and hours every single day, but she just never really flirts with me. Her compliments go as far as "you are so awesome!" and "you are so smart!". And that is basically it.

I have to emphasize that I do really like her a lot. When we are together, we cuddle and watch a movie/show and have a great time. Since she is already quite 'shy' about getting more serious, I haven't seen a moment where I could kiss her for the first time.
Do I wait and suffer through the uncertainty until her bad 'feeling' goes away? Or do I have to end things even though neither of us want that to happen?

Thank you!

10
Sponsored

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 0