Getting a second chance with a guy?

I was friends with this guy (Ben) while me and another guy (Jake) were talking. After me and Jake started dating, Ben and I lost contact for awhile, only texting like once every month. I recently broke up with Jake and Ben had contacted me the day before and we've been texting ever since. The first day we texted, he seemed so happy and he was calling be beautiful and calling me by my nickname and being so sweet, except now he seems kinda bored and uninterested. I asked him why he was so upset and wouldn't text me before and he said it was because he actually wanted something with me but then I randomly got a boyfriend. I feel so bad because, to be completely honest, the last month of my relationship with Jake, all I thought about was Ben... I just want a second chance with him. He means so much to me and he's such a great person. I just feel like he doesn't want to get screwed over again by me.. I don't know what to do. I want to send him a message explaining things but I don't know what I would say. Should I? I care about him so much and I don't want to lose him again... Please help...

What Guys Said 1

• Wait... WAIT.. are you sitting on this website while this is unfolding in real time? Just ask this Ben guy out already! Damn it! He basically just opened up to you and told you he liked you and you didn't tell him anything about it? Okay, you take him out, somewhere, and you tell him exactly what you just told us " feel so bad because, to be completely honest, the last month of my relationship with Jake, all I thought about was you.. I just want a second chance with you but this time I don't want to screw you over". Then you guys kiss, get a ice cream and go home.

• I agree with what this guy said, but if I may ask, it seems like you already liked Ben so why didn't you go out with Ben from the beginning instead of Jake?

What Girls Said 1

• i wish i could get a second chance