Am I At Fault With Her?

I started dating a girl over a month ago. We got along great and had a lot in common. She's awesome.. I like her. First few dates were fun. 4th date I brought her dinner and we watched a movie. We ended up making out, talking, and teasing/playing with each other. She was laughing and smiling. The first 4 dates were spread out one per week. So that weekend I tried getting her to go on a hike over the weekend but she was busy with work. So I made plans to take her bowling and watch a movie at her place.

We ended out again.. passionately. She wasn't ready for sex and i said I would wait. We made plans for Friday to see live music. Friday she sent me a text saying she wasn't going and that she wasn't ready for a relationship. She said I was an awesome guy but couldn't handle anything right now. I said if anything was bothering her I would talk to her about it. She said nothing was bothering her and didn't want to waste my time. I said, alright.. bad timing I guess. She opened up after that. "I'm sorry.. I'm just scared." I questioned her. She said, "I don't know.. I don't feel on your level yet." "Yet" stood out to me. I questioned her. She said, "I just don't feel like I know you well enough to like you as much as you like me." I told her I understood and it takes time to open up. I gold her it was ok. She said, "I'm sorry.. glad you understand." I was confused. I haven't responded and it's been 4 days. Part of me thinks she wanted me to really talk to her.. but I just let it go. Part of me thinks she doesn't want to talk it over. Usually when girls break it off with me they delete me on Facebook... she's still there. Should I give her a few weeks and contact her again or leave the ball in her court. I think making out on our last two dates scared her.. but I did try to make dates between that were in town but they didn't work with our schedules. I care about her.. but I want to spare my own dignity. Any advice is appreciated.

Most Helpful Girl

• Try to talk her. It isn't that she is not ready for a relationship, she really is just scared.

What Girls Said 1

• If I was her, I would act the same. However, if I really did like the guy, I would agree on meeting again, and then tell him how I feel in person. If I were you and met her again I would tell her that there is no need to rush and that we could just take things slow and see how it goes. She might genuinely be scared, but if she keeps hesitating if you do contact her again, there might be something else on her mind. Now I don't know what you're like as a person, but she might be afraid of clinginess and commitment. Cancelling the concert was definitely a sign of cold feet.

Also, the facebook thing might not mean anything at all. I rarely delete anyone from facebook.

What Guys Said 1

• "I don't know.. I don't feel on your level yet." Lol

What you described are classic signs of a woman's disinterest.

When women get wishy washy, it's time move on.

Good luck, guy.