I'm 17 years old and I have a 24 year old boyfriend?

We love eachother and he is so sweet to me and takes care of me better than any boy my age and he is more mature than them. We like to play videogames and watch anime and many things and he has a good job he says I can live with me if I want if my parents want to (he lives closer to my school). His family is friends with my cousinsnso my mom knows he is a great guy. Also Sex is legal at 15 in my country so don't worry. But honestly he isn't super pervy like most boys my age he never asked for Sex ever (until we had it but now he is still sweet about asking) :)

Most Helpful Guy

• That's great.

What's your question?

What Guys Said 7

• I think its alright... but then again im just a stranger on the internet. Who cares what I think, if you love him. Then you love him.

• too young. there are always exceptions to every rule. But a good rule of thumb on the youngst age to date it 'half your age plus 7". there is a very big gap between 18 and 21 so 24 is huge.

• People love who they love and really love can go a lot wider age ranges then governments would like it too, that being said 7 years is a larger then ideal gap, my rule is 5.
    Society tries to control nature, but never will.
    As long as it feels natural to YOU, because you are the one who is more "vulnerable" here.
    Think about the future you'd be 24 and he'd be 31... not too bad, but still a big difference in mindsets.

• Yes I mean my parents are 10 years apart (53 and 43 and nobody would lift an eye)

• What are you asking, exactly?

• If it's OK to you?

• Well if it's legal and he's treating you right, then I don't see anything wrong with it.

• What's the problem then?

• there might a rule saying about the age difference... cuz technically ur stll underage.

• Well, it's legal here in my age, as the age of consent is 17, however, I'd really question not only your MO, but his especially, he's borderline creepy... he should be able to get a girl his own age, let alone one that's 18. That should set off a redflag for you

What Girls Said 3

• why do you come to us asking if it is okay, if things are going so well? Is something troubling you?

• Sure why not? When my friends started dating they were yours and your bf's age. They dated for 7 years and just married last year.

• So... is there a question here?

• If this relation is ok in your eyes

• Well my dad doesn't like that's why I wanna know what others think

• Yeah, I'm not surprised.
      I'm sure all he sees is a young adult man trying to take advantage of a teenage girl. Which is not uncommon. I know I get upset when I see older guys hitting on my younger sister... they're clearly only interested in one thing.

Family almost always has your best interests at heart... it's just sometimes they don't (or simply can't) express that well enough.