Should the guy always pay for dates?

Do you believe that the guy should always pay for dates? Or should the woman pitch in too?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 3

• well not always

• I don't believe in it. But I do feel like she expects/ I'm expected to, so I almost always offer. But I've had some people do me dirty in the past, so I'm more careful with how I spend my money.

• Poor guys like me seeks girls purse... As date n dinner are her ideas not mine...:D

What Girls Said 9

• If it's a relationship then she should definitely pitch in. but in the beginning I'd watch if he's willing to pay, just to see if he wants to make a good impression. I think if a guy is really into a girl and takes her seriously, then first few dates he wouldn't let her pay

• Obviously not. It should be more like I will pay for this date and you can pay for the next... That is what my boyfriend and I do but obviously if one of is low on cash we have no problem paying for the date more that one time.

• They should take turns.

• no, i think the woman or other partner should pitch in and offer to pay for dates too. it's only fair. she shouldn't expect anything either.

• I think the woman should pay too, devide it or something. Unless he really really wants to pay it.

• nahh, it's nice to pay for them too

• I don't think so... Sometimes is ok, but not always, I would feel awful. Both should pay. How, if they split, or take turns, is up to each one.

• 1st date, the guy should pay for the expenses. following dates, contribute.

• Both should pay.
    We wanted it all to be equal, then we have to accept that it requires things on our end too.

• Thank you. This is exactly the kind of answer I need to hear from a woman, if she hopes to gain my respect. I am so tired of the women that claim they want to be equal, but then tell men we need to get back in our gender role, or else we aren't a real man, or at the very least they accuse us of not being a gentleman. It is always good to meet a women that understands equality is a two way street.

• Thanks ;) But there are more of us out there. Anti-feminist females are growing in numbers because we are all beginning to see the "equality" scapegoat card used as a double-standard.
      You can't yell "I want to be treated equality, but you need to pay for my meal because that's what a gentleman does!" It's completely asinine.