Should the guy always pay for dates?

Do you believe that the guy should always pay for dates? Or should the woman pitch in too?

0|0
9|4

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 3

• well not always

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't believe in it. But I do feel like she expects/ I'm expected to, so I almost always offer. But I've had some people do me dirty in the past, so I'm more careful with how I spend my money.

0|4
    0|0
  • Poor guys like me seeks girls purse... As date n dinner are her ideas not mine...:D

0|2
    0|0

What Girls Said 9

• If it's a relationship then she should definitely pitch in. but in the beginning I'd watch if he's willing to pay, just to see if he wants to make a good impression. I think if a guy is really into a girl and takes her seriously, then first few dates he wouldn't let her pay

0|1
    0|1
  • Obviously not. It should be more like I will pay for this date and you can pay for the next... That is what my boyfriend and I do but obviously if one of is low on cash we have no problem paying for the date more that one time.

0|1
    0|0
  • They should take turns.

0|0
    0|0
  • no, i think the woman or other partner should pitch in and offer to pay for dates too. it's only fair. she shouldn't expect anything either.

0|2
    0|0
  • I think the woman should pay too, devide it or something. Unless he really really wants to pay it.

1|2
    0|0
  • nahh, it's nice to pay for them too

0|3
    0|0
  • I don't think so... Sometimes is ok, but not always, I would feel awful. Both should pay. How, if they split, or take turns, is up to each one.

0|0
    0|0
  • 1st date, the guy should pay for the expenses. following dates, contribute.

0|1
    1|2
  • Both should pay.
    We wanted it all to be equal, then we have to accept that it requires things on our end too.

0|3
    0|0
    • Thank you. This is exactly the kind of answer I need to hear from a woman, if she hopes to gain my respect. I am so tired of the women that claim they want to be equal, but then tell men we need to get back in our gender role, or else we aren't a real man, or at the very least they accuse us of not being a gentleman. It is always good to meet a women that understands equality is a two way street.

• Thanks ;) But there are more of us out there. Anti-feminist females are growing in numbers because we are all beginning to see the "equality" scapegoat card used as a double-standard.
      You can't yell "I want to be treated equality, but you need to pay for my meal because that's what a gentleman does!" It's completely asinine.