Ask for date during date?

I managed to get a coffee date with someone. She seems interested. I see it as more of a way to hang out and get to know each other, not a particularly romantic date or anything.

I'd love to ask her out on a good date, like dinner or a movie or something. Would it be weird to ask at the end of this one if it feels right when wrapping up the conversation? Or should I wait a day or two. I want to be assertive and not wait too long, as I realize coffee can potentially be a bit ambiguous. Still, I don't want to be too forward.

She said yes, we went and had a good time.
Thanks!

Most Helpful Girl

• No, it is good form to line up a second date at the end of the first. Confirms your interest.

What Girls Said 2

• I think it's fine. If you think the dare is going well, take advantage of that and ask to see her again in a more formal date setting!

• While on your coffee 'date' and while you are about to leave or part ways- ask her "Let's go to dinner sometime, how about (Insert day) night?"

What Guys Said 1

• Not at all. But make the second date a proper date, not coffee or something.