When a person says you are their lover what does that mean to you?

When your new bf or gf says you are his or her lover what does that mean to you.. is that another word for gf? Sexual partner? Like what would you say that meant to you if they called you that. . like.. goodnight/good morning lover

Most Helpful Girl

• well saying "you are my lover" is different than saying "goodnight lover" lol those are very different things to say. The former is them making a decision about me that I wasn't part of which is fucked up n creepy, thats exactly like saying "you are my girlfriend" - the latter is just like, flirty, playful, w/e. Sometimes I call my close friends luvr~

What Guys Said 2

• What does it mean to you?

• Well I'm just a bit confused because the guy I'm speaking about was my ex bf I've convinced him for mths i truly care and didn't mean to break his heart now he's giving me a chance again we are together but I haven't heard him say gf recently jst here lover so I hope that's still a good thing

• I say he can be.. yah

• Alright, well you see, and this is just my personal opinion here, you begging over months and him giving you a chance puts him in a level of power, so to speak. He may use what you two broke up over the first time as grounds to get what he wants, sort of blackmail. With regards to calling you Lover, that could be genuine or a bad thing, it really depends on how he does it. I'm sorry to say it, but I think its a bad thing. I do not call my girlfriend Lover, I call her Love but not Lover. It just seems... wrong. Just my personal opinion there though, see what happens I guess but just keep those in mind

• Someone whom they love physically /emotionally.

• Ooh that sounds wonderful. . the guy I'm speaking about was my ex bf, broke his heart by not making supporting him as much, convinced him for mths i truly cared, we r not together, but he told me today goodnight lover.. i jst want to make sure it's not just a sexual thing you know but that word truly means more

What Girls Said 3

• Sexual partner

• They love you.

• Means nothing to me.

• Why wouldn't it?

• Sounds silly. I'm a wife or I'm not... Lover my ass... no thanks

• Yah like sometimes I wonder if it means sexually.. not that it's a bad thing but I dnt want to be known as the person who satisfies him sexually but emotionally