I suck at math?

Im not lying it just doesn't make sense, the simplest things like calculating miles etc... all of that dont make sense to me, am i just plain stupid?

Most Helpful Guy

• I sucked at maths too. I hired a personal tutor who changed my life (I changed them year by year). I started scoring 95+/100 every-time during my HS.
    If you suck at maths, it doesn't mean that you are a stupid, loser and can't learn it. Believe! Good luck.

What Guys Said 8

• No you are not stupid. Everyone has things they are good at and things they are not. I am not very good at Maths myself. What you can do is if you want to improve your skills in Maths is to get some extra tutoring.

• Everybody has their subjects that they naturally pick up pretty easily. Everyone also has their subjects that just do not come easy to them.
    All this means is we must work harder and spend extra time on the subjects that are difficult for us.

• Your not "stupid" you have to WANT to LEARN to get SMART. I recommend you take a lot of notes, raise your hand don't be afraid to ask a questions, talk to your teacher and tell them if they could help you out. Talk to somebody who makes good grades. Stay after school if you have to.

• My Gf is naturally good at maths, that's why she's doing a major in it.

I on the other hand am useless at maths, besides the basics. I'm excellent at languages, history, geography and common knowledge. I get a lot of my intelligence from my mum, and without sounding cocky, I have a high IQ.

• No your just not into it and dont put in the time

• No you aren't stupid. Just figure out what you like.. in the meantime do your best until you no longer need those classes, if you're still in college

• You are not stupid. It's just that your brain isn't keen on math. You should choose another path or you can practice really hard... with a teacher's help too! Hang in there!

• My mom and sister both SUCK at math and they're the two best writers I know. Don't lose hope :D

What Girls Said 6

• Oh I think I was just me...
    I really can't figure things out... it's bad enough that I need to work out the numbers and these people are extra wicked and mix up in English? I just get confused...

But what's really weird is that I remember numbers like my bank card, credit card, date of birth, telephone numbers, things that shouldn't be there that are there without having to access these details...

In my case, I don't know what is wrong here... but you are not alone. I'm trying to console myself that I'm not so stupid as well as others may not understand how deep it is.

Miles, metric or imperial, ratio 😱, probability, those circles/trapezium triangle shirty things...

Thank God I don't teach maths though

• Some people just naturally suck at things. I agree with you. Anything in Algebra 2 or higher, I just don't understand. I am really good with geometry, though!

• Doesn't make you stupid. Everyone has something they are not that bright in.

• I'm a math genius well I just love school that's why I tutor my brother (25 years old) but your not stupid at all you just don't care about the subject

• No, not stupid. Everyone has their strengths in some subjects and others not so much. I can help you if you want. I'm pretty good in math and science.

• Also in foreign languages.

I have no idea who I get my knowledge from, probably my dad.

• Join the club

• I am soo bad at Maths; like so bad I once insisted to my little brother that seven plus three is eight and he had to get me to repeat what I'd just said before I realised my mistake xD. I owe my one and only Maths qualification (a B at GCSE) to khanacademy. org; if you need to learn Maths for a class I recommend that website soo highly honestly