Why do people have to be playful in dating?

I'm a very serious guy and I find no fun in flirting or teasing whatsoever.

I prefer to go up to a girl and say plain and clear, "Hey I like you, want to go out?".

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd have no problem with that. I'm done with all the dating rituals.

• Agree! Dating has almost become a religion.

What Girls Said 4

• Some people enjoy the chase. But playing games is a big no no for me.

• because that's boring. i won't feel like we're actually dating if there's no flirting. because you it's a natural thing to flirt with people who you are attracted to.

• It's not natural to me. What some people call "fun", I call boring.

• *Or work. I take everything serious, like my family. So flirting is like a chore to me.

• Oh come on, that's no fun :c I like fun.

• But flirting is no fun for me. It's just work or a chore. Fun for me is talking about world history for hours.

• i guess in life we have to do things we don't want in order to get things we want

What Guys Said 3

• You're (or at least your answerers so far) are conflating issues. There is a huge difference between teasing and flirting and game playing. I enjoy teasing and flirting with girls that I like, but I have very little tolerance for game playing. Depending on the age of the girl in which I am interested, I'll tolerate some at the beginning because I know the younger the girl the more likely she believes the fallacy of needing to make the guy chase you. But three strikes and she's out.

• Why would you not make dating playfull? I love teasing the shit out of girls and they love it. No one likes boring people

• Because that's work to me. I tried teasing once and I'll never try it again. You have to suggest that you like her WITHOUT coming on too strong. I'm not that witty to pick my words so I stay with asking questions.

• I don't understand social butterflies like you. I'm as quiet as a rock and I like being that way.

• Im not at all social. I rather keep things to myself, but Im pretty witty and funny naturally, which makes it great for making girls laugh. But I see where you are coming from, i used to be like that

• People want to play games...