Why does he bother calling if he doesn't want to hang out?

I met this guy at a party about 2 months ago. We ended up hanging out (nonstop sex) all weekend. Since then, he texts me everyday but we've only gone on like 4 dates. He recently got a new job in a different town (2 hrs away) and still texts regularly. We were never able to get our schedules together before he moved so I haven't seen him in about a month. He's got an annoying habit of making casual plans with me then ditching me for his friends. We're both stubborn & he gets irritated when I don't drop my plans & hang out with him when he calls at the last minute. He is coming into town this weekend but says he will be busy with his family but MAY have time to see me for a little bit on his way back out of town. I get the obvious feeling he's not really interested but why does he keep contacting me & asking about my life? We have amazing sex and never run out of things to talk about but I can't tell if he just wants to be cautious about moving forward or is just stringing me along.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• I don't think he is being cautious but is using you for intimate relations. He keeps the lines of communication open so when he needs to be fulfilled, he can still count on you to be there. Unfortunately, I think the physical part of the relationship could have waited. This would have allowed you both to get to know each other better. But, it's too late for that because what's done is done.

If he really wanted to go out on a date or hang out with you then he would make the time. In my opinion, it doesn't matter how busy someone is, he/she can always rearrange plans to make 30 or 60 minutes for someone. It's not that difficult.

If you want to maintain a friendship (without the benefits) and you're comfortable with that then it's an option. Otherwise, I wouldn't count on a relationship coming out of this with this fellow.

Good luck with your decision.

• Because you have sex with him. He can't really drop you and only call you when he wants it because that would be too obvious. He is just stringing you along