Do long distance relationships tend to last?

I've been dating a wonderfull girl, but she moved overseas, i want to know if a long distance relationship will work out or not.

Most Helpful Girl

• They usually don't. But it can work if you're both rational mature adults who have gotten to that point where you don't need a relationship, and just enjoy having one.

What Girls Said 4

• Someone will sooner or later have to relocate if things get serious. If that isn't in the plans then most likely it won't last. Someone is going to get antsy and frustrated with the whole situation at some point.

• I believe it depends on your guy's relationship! I knew this couple in High School, one was a foreign exchange student and the other lived here. They started dating, but after a year it was time for the exchange student to go back home, overseas. They've been dating ever since, now I believe 3 years. So anything can happen :)

• Honestly it just depends on how strong your love is. My ex recently broke up with me and we only lived 2hours away.

• Based on experience and observation, I say the odds are not in your favor.

What Guys Said 2

• A success of any relationship will depend on the amount of love and confidence it haves. I am in a long distance relationship, it´s not an easy situation but I enjoy each moment I pass with my girlfriend. An ocean separate us and we have a common goal. That´s important: have a common goal and try to achieve it together.

• Four months and counting.

Back in the old days, people might be separated for years with snail mail as the only means of communication. Now we can Skype with someone in real time on the other side of the world.

• Like any other relationship, it all comes down to the effort both parties put into it.