I'm really hurt, I'm not sure how to move forward?

I'm really hurt
Me and this guy met in Nov. We were going on dates, and we had sex. He just he got out of a 7 year relationship a month before. In the beginning he even said "but I'd like to be with you aside from the sex is what you fail to realize" He even said it would be nice to have a girlfriend but he is looking for someone to settle down with. He texted me every day, told me he likes me a lot. We would hang out without having sex. He talked about meeting parents and maybe taking me to his best friend's wedding in May. He always holds my hand. When I was studying at Starbucks one night he came out to see me, no sex. one day he was acting distant and I went crazy texting him 50 times. he told me he was done. we went a week without talking and then we grabbed lunch 2 weeks ago. he paid, and we didn't have sex. The next day I invited him to my new years eve party, and he declined. he then told me he's not looking for a relationship. I asked him if there were feelings and he said "I did have feelings" and he said "Idk what I want and I dont want to lead you on." Then I asked if this was my fault and he said "it definitely isn't you" Then we ended up talking about meeting up to have sex and hang out. Before we met up he seemed hesitant and told me that he doesn’t want me throwing this in his face that all he wanted from me was sex. He also told me he doesn’t want me thinking this is anything more than what it is. We ended up meeting up to have sex and then we went to lunch. During lunch he said “you’re the best." Last week I asked him if he wanted to meet up to have sex and he said "can't have class" then I said "when can you" he said "idk shay in class can't talk" then I asked if he still wanted to have sex in general, and he didn't answer. Hours later I apologized for asking and he said "it's ok babe." it's been 3 weeks, haven't heard from him.

1. Did he have feelings for me or was he using me for sex?
2. Why did he hang out with me after the 50 texts?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah... he probably just wanted sex...

What Guys Said 1

• If you would not have put out to him so easily, and had you actually made him wait until a committment of some sort could be made, You would have had your answer.

What Girls Said 2

• I think he liked you at first, but if seems like you became very clingy and didn't give him space. I've noticed guys don't like when a girl is chasing after them, they much rather wait until they are ready to come back to you. The 50 texts probably annoyed him, and at this point he had already lost feelings, possibly from gaining feelings for someone else. But he wanted sex one last time is what I'm thinking

• Sounds like he did just want sex in the beginning but towards the end he did make it clear that he didn't want a relationship with you... The 50 texts seems a bit much. I'm not sure why he hung out with you after. He could have been doing it to be nice. Overall, I'd say he's just not that into you.