How many dates until we are official?

I have been on three really great dates with this awesome guy. How long until I would actually consider us a couple? I know there is not one set number of dates, but from your experience, how long? I guess I also just want to know when I should bring it up to ask him.

Most Helpful Girl

• On your next date say" Im just curious, should i be dating other people?" right then, he will give you a reaction. Obviously if he says " sure" or "i dont care, its up to you" its a bad sign but if he says "no" in any way, he wants you two to be exclusive and thats when you have the couple talk. The couple talk could be "well we're only dating eachother and only want eachother so i guess we are a couple now". I went through the same thing, and im so glad i got it out of the way, it was after 3 dates. Typically you have this talk after 3-5 dates, because at this point it should be clear what both of your intentions are.

What Guys Said 1

• The one where you talk about it and both agree on it. Could be 1, could be 300...

What Girls Said 4

• As many or as little as you both want. Honestly, it took my bf and I's second date to become official. Honestly with us we were unofficially official the whole time. I just straight out asked my bf what we were and didn't beat around the bush. I didn't care if he didn't want to be official at the moment or if he did. I just wanted to make sure I knew where we stood. Luckily he did and said I was his girlfriend. :) Like I asked him while we were cuddling and holding hands on the couch. It just felt right. Whenever the moment feels right of you to ask then just ask.

• I'd say it's not the number of dates, more how much you get to know them on the dates. Dating is a process as soon as you agree or ask to go on a date it becomes an official date as dates are basically trials for lifelong relationships such as marraige or having kids. If you are worried about being accepted as an official partner, I'd straight out ask after you begin to feel full comfortable with the person.

• Until you or him ask the other to be.

• It's weird that you don't already know!