Popular kids 😒?

So I HATE popular kids and usually won't even give a popular chick a chance, not my crowd of people, so my question is, 1. Is it bad I dont even give them a chance and 2. Anyone else find if a girl/guy is popular its a major turn off?

I've known of them since elementary and my friends knew the ones that didn't go to my school since then so I kinda have reasons to hate them from what I've seen/ Heard of

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree completely. The people that are popular and ACT popular sicken me. I'm popular because I'm smart and I achieve a lot and get good grades and all that jazz. Yet I hang out with genuine friends and I avoid the "populars." This is how they make me feel: 😑😕😠😴😮😣😒😪🙅 👹

What Girls Said 13

• Sounds like you're no better than the stereotypical popular person. Exclusive and judgmental.

• I mean, you have a point, 😐

• Doesn't really make sense to avoid befriending someone because of a preconceived judgment. Get to know a person and if it really does turn out they suck, then get away from that particular friendship.

• While 'popular' people aren't my particular cup of tea (I'm more geeky and poor, and have a hard time with cliques in general) I would never eliminate them as friends. Not everyone fits the stereotype and some of my closest friends have been people well recognized at school and work.

Just try not to associate labels with people. You'll find that once you take away the label they can actually be awesome, sweet and loyal friends and lovers.

• Unless you know each popular kid personally it's sort of unfair to hate them just because they're popular. No matter how popular I guarantee you they ALL have insecurities, especially at teen years. Some kids deal with how they fit in better than other and some do it by being the class clown, or the flirty girl, or the school jock, some the rebels etc...

You don't have to like everyone at school but if you don't know them at least give them a chance, if they prove to be rude or jerks then write them off and avoid them.

Ever see the movie The Breakfast Club? It's an old movie but it has a very good underlining theme; Everyone in highschool has one struggle or another, but due to peer judgment they all hide them to not be noticed or fit in. ;)

• Honestly they probably don't like you either or don't really care. popular people don't care what haters on the outside looking in think

• Popularity is given to them by their "supporters" they didn't ask for it. I would say to look at their characters before u decide whether u want to be friends with them. not all popular kids are stuck up.

• I personally don't like the label "Popular", though people consider me as it. I do hate some of them, but there are many who are actually great friends. So I wouldn't say I hate popular people or that it's a turn-off because it just depends on the actual person and there personality.

• I don't think popular kids exist.. Because beleive it or not, they usually don't think they are cool themselves. People just tend to like them for their personality and looks.

• Maybe in your country. They are so full of themselves here.

• Popular people aren't as bad as they seem. Most of them are just regular people that get their status because theyre well known by their peers. There are some that think theyre all that but many that are just like everyone else and are worth a chance.

• i used to be really biased against them until i realized it was dumb, as is judging people before getting to know them in general

• usuallly popularars are snob i dont know if wouldn't give them a chance because they might be popular but they might be correct persons and its a turn off if they are snobs.

• To be honest, I see your point but keep in mind some popular people can be really nice. I'm not necessarily popular but I know plenty of popular people and they aren't as mean as you think they are.
    Then there are those other kind of popular people, the stuck up idiots who think they know everything 😣. Those type of people drive me insane.
    Any way, yeah you should give some of them a chance but keep your real friends closer.

• I'm a popular kid and no it's not bad to give them a chance and y r u being so judge mental to popular kids when u don't even know them in general like people thing were so mean but really we're not well I gotta amit some are pretty mean

• All my friends are bullied by them, I was for awhile , I just am like "fuck you! I have known you all since elementary school and I know every one of you is a piece of shit" , all the ones up here are only popular cause they are so mean and I'm just don't thing someone who makes my friend cry is worth my time, I mean just cause I don't know all of them doesn't mean I dont see what they do to people

• Ok like I said there's some popular people that's hella mean and you gotta point to say fuck you to them and I don't blame you for thinking that and you shouldn't waste your time on somebody that makes your friends cry and if there mean to u just ignore them and walk away

• Yes I think it's bad you don't give them a chance because I used to judge popular kids right away but then I say by the most popular boy in my school in language arts and he was really funny and so fun to hang out with.

What Guys Said 6

• I feel you're overly judgmental of all "popular" people... like they're all the same.

Why the hatred for "popular" people?

• no it's not bad, and yes sometimes they seem to ride some high horse... a turn-off for me as well

• being prejudicial and discriminatory towards them is as bad as what they do to others be the bigger person and be nice to them and everybody if you have been embarrassed, humiliated, ostracized, or discriminated by them in the past again be the bigger person and forgive them for what they did.

• 1) No. Although with that attitude, you probably wouldn't even have the option open anyways

2) No.

• I hate you too kid...

• so you're bitter/envious?

it's good not to compare yourself with others, and nobody is better than anybody else...