Why would my ex text me this? So weird, opinions please?

My ex and I broke up 3 years ago. We barely talk at all except to wish the other a happy birthday. I am polite to him but that's it. I spoke to him last about six months ago, but we haven't spoken since then.

Recently heard through a mutual friend that he is going on a holiday overseas with his new girlfriend. A few days ago I got a text from him saying 'Hey, I will be out of contact for the next few weeks, but I just wanted to message you to say I hope you are going really well'.

Why would he tell me he is going to be out of contact when we have spoken once in the past year? It seems so strange.

Most Helpful Girl

• No i don't think its weird just because you broke up doesn't mean you don't look for each other sometimes especially if you have been in a serious relationship so now that he have a new girlfriend he want to move on and be friend with you so don't worry and don't overthink good luck <3

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• maybe he does not want you to forget him lol

• maybe he wants you as a friend? or maybe he likes you still? I don't know that's really confusing it's happened to me before