IS it good for me to date my bestfriend?

So now, he keeps playing with my emotions. Saying he likes me but then flirts with other girls. When people ask him why he won't ask me out alreadyz, he says no comment. He said tht im embarrassed to date him cuz he's one year younger than me but yet, he says tht me and him talking will be weird cuz im a little bit older
... What should i do? This is why i don't want to date my bestfriend (but i do at the same time) Any advice?

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly, I think you should decide if it's worth the risk. Age shouldn't even be an issue here, there's only a one year difference, that doesn't even matter. This bigger issue is, if you date your "best friend," chances are, if the relationship fails you will have lost the friendship as well. That's why I would never recommend anyone to date their close friends of the opposite sex. If it doesn't work out then you've lost a boyfriend and a close friendship. So, I guess you should just decide if this is what you really want.

What Guys Said 2

• well, i never agree with dating a younger guy :D
    But if he is flirts with other girls, is because of making u jealous :D

• Be careful! Your friendship could be destroyed...

What Girls Said 1

• its up too u by the way but what want to tell is its a bad idea because it well probly damage ur friendship in a way that well change it for life and I say no but either way u feel its right go fr it if not don't frist befr u go through with it talk about with him and ask questions like well me an u stay friends if it ends too quick and im warning u it can change ur friendship forever so u should chose what u really want to truly do and good luck I speck from experience so take my advise.