Am I just too selfish to have a boyfriend?

im 22 and never had a bf or had sex... why? because im selfish, instead of going out i like to stay at home watch tv or sew earrings clothes, draw sketches etc. Im too lazy to get a bf and whenever a guy wants to hang out i decline because i just dont feel like going out or making friends, i never make any effort because my family is literally crazy and im scared that if i get into a relationship i will lose my ''life'' and end up pregnant and all m dreams gone, reason why i am scared to have sex is because im scared like really scared i end up pregnant. Im just to darn selfish, i take men for granted because i just dont feel like it... and the thing is im really beautiful and people think im crazy for not having a bf.. because there must be something wrong with her?

Most Helpful Guy

• Eh.

Whatever floats your boat.

Your choices in life doesn't affect any of us. If you're happy, you're happy. If you're not happy, you're not happy.

At the end of the day, only you have to live with the consequences of your life choices, whether they are good ones or bad ones.

What Guys Said 3

• I think you're more scared than selfish. Try to start doing those things, you'll see that it's no so bad as you fear.

• That's just outright messed up.
    There are condoms.

• Sooooo... I think you answered your own question...

What Girls Said 3

• i think that u might be afraid than lazy or selfish...
    i mean its something really beautiful to find the one being afraid of relationships doesn't mean that there is something rong with u , just be confident in ur self

and you have to understand that you are you not your parents or your friends or any one else

its not like You are accepting a marriage proposal, its just a date no more

and for sex its ur life your choice if u want to have sex or not before marriage i guess that sex has no connection to love

its ur life any way spend it by what makes u feel happy

• I have struggled with the same issues. But I started seeing a counselor, and got in meds. Now it is not as bad.

• Looks like it... but it's up to you whether you want to change that or not. Relationships do require effort. About getting pregnant - you just have to practice safe sex. Don't be scared, just take the necessary actions to prevent it (i. e. condoms, birth control, etc.).