Should I ask this guy to the Sadie Hawkins dance?

I've been hanging out with this guy at lunch sometimes, and his friends. Sometimes we flirt and it seems like he kind of likes me, but sometimes it seems like he doesn't. I don't know if it's just that he's a really sweet person with everybody and flirts with a lot of girls or what, but I actually like him and I was thinking about asking him to the Sadie Hawkins dance. But I'm scared of asking him and getting rejected
What should I do?

What Guys Said 1

• I think you should just ask him. Word of warning though: It's the Sadie Hawkins dance, so he most likely won't see it as a romantic gesture.

If you do want to express your interest, I think it would be better to simply ask him out sometime soon (when is the SH dance, by the way?). As time has gone on, I've become convinced that flirting really doesn't get people anywhere. It just keeps them on their toes, but for what? The most effective "flirting", in my opinion, is the way that you will naturally react when you talk to or are around someone that you like.

So bottom line, if you want to make a romantic gesture, then you need to do it apart from this dance.

• It's sometime in mid March

What Girls Said 0