Should I get him something for Valentines Day/his birthday?

So I am not sure what to do. This guy and I are very close and are pretty much dating (long story short, we are both too stubborn to ask the other one out). I am not sure if I should get him a something small for Valentine's Day or not?
Also my birthday is 5 days after and his is 6 days after that. For that I am planning to see if he gets me something and if he does I will get him something for his birthday. We were joking about getting birthday presents the other day, but I'm not sure if we are actually doing that. I am just glad my birthday is first.
Unfortunately I can't do the same thing for Valentine's Day so what should I do?

What Guys Said 1

• Give him a Valentine's day card and a cheap gift like a teddy bear or mug full of candy then get him something for his birthday only if he gets you something for yours first. But if you did get him anything for Valentine's then you would have to make sure he gets you something first.

What Girls Said 1

• A small amount of nice Chocolate for Valentine's day, Also ask him out, why be stubborn over something so personal, either you want to go out with him or you don't. Don't play games - it is confusing and annoying and you could end up being hurt.