She says she will be with me when she gets herself together but is she lying?

Me and my gf have been dating for 4 months now. About a month or two ago we had a little issue and almost broke up bc of it. The issue was that I was smothering her and she had to much stuff to get done. She said that she didn't think that she should be in a relationship right now. She said that there are to many other things that she should be worrying about and "a boy" isn't one right now.
We quickly got over that and I changed. The other day she said that she thinks she loves me. But then again I don't know where we are in this relationship. We were on a break of sorts for about a week but we still talked. Now we are off that break... I think. I don't know it's all confusing. Some input and help on all of this would help.

Thanks!

What Girls Said 2

• Just don't text her too much. Maybe she's feeling you are still smothering her. Keep talking to her, like occasionally ask her how was her day or something like that. If she loves you she won't give up that easily. Just keep it smooth and casual. Don't start discussion about it it's because she doesn't want to think about it right now. Every time you have the urge to talk to her just go running or paint something, draw something, play a game... But you need to give her some space. Not to ignore her but keep the conversations light and casual. When she's ready to talk she will.

• yeah. she said she isn't ready for anything serious rn. with all of the things going on in her life like school and work etc. and a big reason why we broke up was because her mom didn't like me and didn't think we were helping each other become the best we could be. she didn't think i was motivated enough. we are now friends with benefits.

• she probably just wants to talk to other guys

What Guys Said 0