Are military guys always good guys?

My current boyfriend was in the army special forces for 4 years and was in non special forces for 2 years.( he's 26) and he's the best guy ever. Understanding, gentlemen and just really sweet. One of my best friends has a ex marine as her finance and he's the same way. Are military guys always like my boyfriend that or is it just him?

Most Helpful Guy

• Not always. There are saints, sinners and assholes just about anywhere you care to look. A couple of my cousins got deployed to Iraq, some of the best men I know. They did their jobs, they kept their people alive as best they could, they came back home disillusioned but unharmed, and went back to raising their families.

A friend of theirs, on the other hand, came back joking about how he shot some poor farmer's livestock because he was bored... and that's why they hate us.

What Guys Said 5

• No, some guys are in the military because they like to be mean and shoot other people. Some guys are gun nuts. Some guys are socially so awkward and disconnected that the military is the only way they can function and earn a living. Other guys are seriously fucked and actually enjoy the kill.

• lol a lot of them are serious nutters, who just want to shoot people ! it´s hit or miss just like with normal people xD

• Not always.

• i would say some are and some aren't

• Some are, some aren't. A lot are scum bags who demand respect. Only some a truly hero's.

What Girls Said 4

• Some are some aren't.
    I live near base and a lot of the young ones are disgusting, cocky, and act like creeps.
    A lot of the guys who would try to hook up with me or pick me up when I was 14 were military guys. A lot of them start bar fights here and its just ridiculous.
    Not all of them are like that though, obviously.
    I have quite a few friends in the military.
    It's an individual thing
    So obviously it's not rare that your boyfriend acts that way since not everyone in the military acts the same.

• lol what the fuck? you think they are this cause of the militairy? they could just be really sweet and kind hearted people too.

• No I just thought it might of had an influence

• No. Guys are guys. Some are good some aren't. Their job doesn't select a certain demographic of them.

• There isn't a good if guys that's always going to be good. There's bad apples in every bunch