Where to meet guys (not online)?

I am single and really tired of never meeting guys. I have done online dating several times with no luck, so choose to not do that again. I can't meet anyone at work, because as a manager I can't date anyone. I would try to find someone at church, but there are not many single available men, and the singles group I was in has somehow almost become a couples group anyway. I would think of joining a class of some kind, but I have an odd work schedule as well as a decent commute that make it difficult to work around. Anybody have any other ideas?

I do think that my real problem is my age. Seems like once you hit 30 men don't want anything to do with you anymore.

Most Helpful Guy

• You need to be proactive. I've answered this and similar questions before, read this link to some of those answers: www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1327353-is-it-true-the-older-you-get-the-harder-it-is-to-find-someone

Make sure you read the sub-links.

• I have tried that, but as painfully shy, rather awkward person till people get to know me, it's quite hard. Plus very few men ever approach me.
      As for meetup groups, I don't feel very safe going to a random place I know no one.

• I understand where you are coming from, but good results only come from action. If you want the result, your behavior needs to be directed toward success. Fear and discomfort are common, but you need to confront them if you want to meet a guy. Don't create excuses for yourself. Perform the correct actions consistently, you'll reach your goals. If you don't act, you won't reach your goals. There's no way around that.

What Guys Said 7

• I would go places that interest you. For example if you like animals, go to the zoo, if you like drawing, go to school or art museum. Etc. get to know people around you that catch your eye.

• Man if I went to the zoo regularly I would. never be able to pay my rent. A ticket to the zoo where I live is like $25 a pop.
      I would go to an art museum, but it is really small and not in the best area to be alone, and I can't ever find anyone to go with me.
      Truthfully there are not many places where I live (which is not a small city, but not big either) unless you consider hanging out at a bar which is just ripe with diseased people :(

• Well apparently you are one in a million

• Well you found him, what ever next move its up to you.

• There is always a surreal nature when you find someone, with it always happening when you are not seeking, or in a place where there is little hope of them being.

So, stress less, and just live your life open to all possibilities, and one day he will be there

• So not having a date since 2011 I should be more patient?

• I'm not saying they have to have gone to college, but being able to spell and pronounce common words and maybe have an idea of what is going on in the world is not too inch to ask.

• Of course, a social conscious and a knowledge of the world rocks. It adds to a connection of the minds where time flies

• What were you doing in your 20s?

You can meet guys anywhere, I wouldn't care where I met a woman except for work.

• Working 60 hour weeks and going to school, then working 80 hour weeks.

• Go to singles parties, I know of plenty of parties that cater to singles only. Google search them in your area.

• There are none. I have looked for speed dating and things like that.

• Meetup. com groups are meant to be good.

• The ones in my area I can't find anything about the people I would be meeting and it makes me uncomfortable to go to a random place where I will be meeting people I know nothing about or what they look like.

• Can't you chat to them on the website first before you go to an event?

• I haven't seen that feature. Just locations of groups and such.

• I have the same issue. I go places I like but people my age are married mostly. I live in New York and girls are everywhere but no luck. I actually love the zoo and the outdoors but I'm a warm weather kind of guy winter I try to stay warm.

• DO things that you love doing and you'll find like minded people, if you don't have anything group oriented try something new like climbing or dancing etc.

• Go to the nearest Gamestop you'll walk out with a boyfriend.

• Haha if I want a guy that is not even legal from the few times I have passed the one in the mall.

What Girls Said 2

• Do they have speed dating in your area? Or can you join any classes for fun?
    ( dance, salsa, ballroom, baking, cooking, etc...) You might find single events in your area listed on the net. Also, spread the word you're looking and friends, co-workers, and family can keep an eye out and hook you up on a blind date.

You could even consider going on a singles cruise.

GL :)

• No speed dating. And truthfully no real classes that would ever have men that are eligible. I can't dance so I avoid those like the plague. But any classes are pretty cheap at the local community college and are full of people over the age of 50.

• Even my friends that tell me they will find me a guy never come up with anyone.

• It's not your age. You have to get out there if you want to increase your chances of meeting someone. No biggie if you can't dance just go for the social aspect. Join a walking group, try a community class like glass blowing, or cooking. But a shirt with 'Are you single?' on the back ;)

• These are some great places to meet a new guy:
    Grocery store (seriously!), library, gym and as I just read the Apple store should be crowded with hot men :)

You can also just start in a hobby group of some kind. That's where I've met my ex.

• The only guys that have ever tried to pick me up at the grocery store have been scary. I never get to go to the library because of said schedule. As for starting a hobby group I would not know how to do that. I am rather painfully shy around new people.