Whats the purpose of dating if you don't want to have sex?

Why would you want to date if you don't want to have sex?

• to get to know the person better
  • You need to first get married then you can have sex
  • dating without sex is pointless

Most Helpful Girl

• I date to find a spouse. I do not practice premarital sex. Ergo... sexless dating with the purpose of finding a husband. And then all bets are off and we might as well just live naked. :P

What Girls Said 8

• People can share emotional, mental & physical intimacy without having to bang one another. Not all of us live with the sole purpose of breeding.

• I want to really get to know someone before I doing anything sexual with them.

• Tbh, no offense but, to me you sound like a jerk. You shouldn't date just for sex. Sex should be intimate and passionate, and you should really get to know your partner and gain trust first. The purpose of dating is finding your companion, your true love, soul mate. NOT for sex, if you want sex that badly with out a relationship, I suggest you go to one of those hook up websites or something.

• I think dating should eventually lead to sex but you need to know you have feelings for the person and the time/place has to be right. I feel like you just remain friends and hang out while getting to know the person etter if you dont want sex. by the way I've avoided having sex with 3 girls throughout hs, I'm still a virgin. I avoided it because I didn't feel any attraction/didn't have a good connection with them. Don't judge me!

• So I'm amusing you've had your heart broken or something, because you sound really butthurt. I believe everyone has a companion specially made for them, you just have to find them. I'll believe whatever I want to I don't need your consent.

• Yeah, I agree. You should know you have feelings for someone. I don't think a relationship should necessarily require sex but believe what you want too. I guess I was judging you a bit, it's a bad habit. I just draw conclusions with the information provided and you saying "What's the purpose of dating if you don't have sex?" to me concluded you were only looking for sex.

• I voted B but A is true, also. There is so much more to dating than sex. When you're dating, you're looking for a husband or wife. That's the point in dating. Not sex. For those who think dating is all about sex, you obviously don't know what real love is or what it's worth.

• lol a lot of people want to date the person prior to having sex because they like the emotional bond that comes with the relationship and the affects it has on the dating? I don't know that's just how i felt about it before i lost my virginity

• know a person better
    companionship
    the whole relationship can't just be about sex only, you need more substance

• For me, I date because I hope to find someone I can share my life with. I am not a virgin but I no longer think sex is a big must in a relationship. Eventually if I am in a serious relationship possibly I might have sex but it all depends on my emotional connection with him first.

• Depends on your age. I can't think of any guys when I was 18 that didn't want sex. Most girls wanted to feel special before giving it up. Def date and made him work for it.

I'm in my 30's now, sex is a must. But I take my time giving out up. I don't sleep around with people especially if I want am actual relationship.

What Guys Said 8

• What is the purpose of dating without a long term goal of marriage? That's my question.

• For those who want to stay celibate until marriage, there are still advantages to dating.

One can have that emotional bonding connection, without sex (although it would be harder to do)

• Sex is the only thing you're after? lol

• Companionship, bonding, getting to know another, etc.

• What's the purpose of dating if all you want is sex?

• so you can court... but i guess it won't be called dating...

chivry was designed for the courting days...

• Most of the time its women figuring out how your status or potential status compares to her other suitors while trying to see if you have anything else to offer that would tip the odds in your favor to accept a serious relationship with you. And you the poor guy is going on trying to pass all these tests in hope she has sex with you someday. That's dating before sex

• There is something to be said for companionship.