Can I have the type of dating life that I want?

If I had my way, I'd have one of those "cute" relationships, you know the ones that a lot of guys scoff at, where you start as friends of sorts, and slowly you start getting closer and going to fun little romantic places and it builds up into something more. (Yes, I know guys aren’t supposed to really want that kind of thing, but I do want sex too... it’s just not first on my list...)

The problem is that being in law school I don't have much time to go out and meet women and flirt in bars and stuff. I don't even really want that anyway like I said above. I've tried online dating which is supposed to be the way busy people meet each other, and it seems okay but it went nowhere really. It can feel too business-like. Like, “we need some power tools, here’s a catalog, pick the one with the best specs for its price.” The absolute LAST thing I want is a relationship that feels forced or like it’s built on need rather than actually liking each other.

I don't know what to do. I haven't been on a proper date, since just before law school started 2.5 years ago.

Am I being too picky wanting one of those relationships I described above? Do they exist for people my age (24) in law school? Or do I have to just accept that relationships from now on are going to be super mature, structured, etc? I know it sounds more like a high school relationship, but I do want a more mature relationship than those, it’s just that I also want innocence and fun. So much of my life has been serious and future focused and “no time to goof off” kind of thing that especially now that my future is mostly on track I want to be able to enjoy the present with someone special for once.

What Girls Said 1

• I think it's amazing that you want something like that and no I don't think those wants or expectations are too high. But maybe in all your busy-ness you've overlooked some girls or some opportunities. Maybe have study groups with girls you find attractive. Try and create more situations that correlate to your studies and your life. Sometimes you have to create opportunities and be a little more visual. Look with more open eyes and mind in different places. In class , while your walking to class etc. You never know who you might bump into.

What Guys Said 1

• You are not alone in wanting that kind of relationship, that's exactly the kind of relationship that I want with a woman but women tell me they can't be with someone who they are friends with, I know this doesn't help you but if any women want to comment that might help us and many like us.