Have you ever told a friend who had a boyfriend or girlfriend, of a few/many years, that you like them more than a friend? What happened?

Also what would you assume about their relationship with their bf/gf if they complain about their partner to you, but hen seem to get on fine, then complain again, and it always seems rocky? Especially after 5+ years?

Most Helpful Girl

• After 5+ years? No, I've never done that.

I have been in a relationship for 3 years and have had a couple guys confess to me though. They both seem to have it in their heads that they'll wait out my relationship "out of respect" but that it is 100% going to end.

But... like... we're going to get married so...

I can answer the second part though! I have a friend who is like that with her relationship and I just beg her to leave him. Their relationship is not healthy.

• and what makes the relationship unhealthy? and what makes it keep going?

• yeah that makes sense. would you suspect something if your girl friend said something like, she pulls a lot of weight in the relationship, like she would buy him something like playstation 4 and he wouldn't get close to anything like that for her?

• I find it suspicious if both parties aren't equally contributing.

What Girls Said 1

• No. That's selfish. When someone is spoken for, you should respect that. When people talk about their partners with their friends, it's mainly to vent. So it's normal to mainly hear negative things- the positive things might be the sort of thing people want to keep in their own minds. Just because she complains about him to you doesn't mean their relationship is weak and it doesn't mean this means you hve a fair she at her. You don't. If they break up, then make a move. To do so before is really cheap, in my opinion.

What Guys Said 0